IMU compass error
773 3 2016-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djelmore818
lvl.1

United States

So I took my Inspire 1 pro out for a shoot a local race track. I went  through the normal startup sequence such as calibration of the bird and  the IMU. After my pre-flight check list I was only airborne about 8  minutes and the IMU compass error started flashing. I brought the bird  down right away with no issue but what in the world would cause that. I  have flown over 72 flights running the same sequence with no issue and  then out of the blue it happens. I have not updated to the latest  version of firmware yet mainly because of all the issues I have read of  folks having. Does anyone have some feedback on possible issues and if  someone has had a similar problem how it was fixed? Thank you in advance  for your feedback
2016-7-10
Use props
bruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686916 ft
United States

When you say calibrate the IMU.   did you do that at home on a level surface?   Did you do that at a cooler temp than where you r filming?    Compass can and sho;d be done often but if you don't do IMU when level And no vibration the. You might have a problem

Bruce
2016-7-10
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Why would you include IMU and compass calibration in start-up sequence? You do properly carried IMU calibration once after FW update and leave it alone, unless the mod values display some abnormality. These you just check during start-up, as well as compass reading values. If you're not hundreds miles from last compass calibrating place, everything should display correctly on sensors page. Compass calibration in particular should be done as seldom as possible, but in well researched places with no magnetic interferences. Make sure there's no old junkyard place or WWII Sherman tank buried beneath ...
2016-7-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I am with dobmat 100% regarding the amount of calibrations necessary .  Sometimes these strange warnings pop up and then go away, I have had this happen myself with no definitive explanation.

donnie
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules