Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A drone that can carry 1kg payload & performs like a Phantom4?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

I need a drone for industrial application.  I need to attached a robotic arm (1kg or less)  to the top of a drone.  The drone should perform like the P4 with the stabilization features.  The drone needs to hover at height of 30m or less in an indoor environment without GPS.  It must be able to rotate very stably assuming no wind condition.

What platform from DJI is suitable?  Thanks.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you looked into the M600? It has a large Take Off Weight capacity:

http://www.dji.com/product/matrice600/info#specs
2016-7-11
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-12 04:32
Have you looked into the M600? It has a large Take Off Weight capacity:

http://www.dji.com/product/ ...

M600 is too large to fly indoors.  The wind drafts will make it unstable without GPS guidance.  My current S800/A2 is giving me the same problems indoors with too much draft and it can't hover in place stably nor rotate properly.

I think the M100 with 4 blades should be less wind draft indoors.  But I need it to hover within 1 cm so I need some sort of visual or range finder to the floor - do you have a solution for that?

Thanks.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-12 15:35
M600 is too large to fly indoors.  The wind drafts will make it unstable without GPS guidance.  My ...

The M100 may have the max take off weight in order to use the arm, but you would not have much left to add much else. If that's all you're putting on it, then that's fine. If you use the M100 with Guidance, then that may allow the stability you want with the added obstacle avoidance.
2016-7-12
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-12 22:23
The M100 may have the max take off weight in order to use the arm, but you would not have much lef ...

Guidance has a limit of operation not more than TBD meters above the ground? Where can I find more info on how Guidance algorithm work?  I need to know how to tracks ground features in order to hover correctly.  And how it can stay in position without GPS - does not drift.

Can I use the Obstacle system & Guidance on my current S800 / A2 setup?

Thanks.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-13 10:19
Guidance has a limit of operation not more than TBD meters above the ground? Where can I find more ...

The most I can provide you is with the Guidance Product page below, which you can also look at its specs and download the manual. An M100 is also a developer platform, so you would also have access to onboard SDK to do further tweaking.

http://www.dji.com/product/guidance

Unfortunately, the Guidance system only works with the M100, as it has additional UART connections that the S800 and A2 do not have.
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules