Two drone videos from Alberta, Canada
800 2 2016-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schaupmeyer
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your good videos, photos and comments. I've learned a few things.

I am new here and made a few posts but have never posted photos or videos yet. I have a P3A that I purchased last August. Probably made 100 flights or so...a couple of rough landings, but otherwise I've not crashed it. I use MS Movie Maker, so nothing fancy for video editing.  

We have a summer place near the mountains in SW Alberta. Today, I took some video of a canola field in the area. It has been very dry here, so the field is not as full and colorful as it should be. Next weekend we are driving to a wedding (nr Three Hills) and I am told the canola crops up there are spectacular and my BIL wants me to bring the P3.   
Canola field near mountains, July 10, 2016

In the past day or two I commented about flying over water. I've done it several times, and it still makes me nervous. But I liked the comment about there being no trees on water. Good one.

Every spring and autumn, tens of thousands of snow geese stop on a couple of lakes in Southern Alberta (near our home) on their way to and from the breeding rounds in the Arctic about 2,000 km north. On the lake shown below, in April 2015, we estimated there were 120,000 snow geese on the lake. For 2 or 3 minutes every one of them arose off the water and milled around in the air before settling back down. Amazing sight and incredibly noisy. When this video was taken last November, there were maybe 40,000. Hard to say.

Snow geese on a lake, November 14, 2015

Comments welcome. Thanks.

Clive

2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I guess the goose doesn't fly very high?

I would worry about the bird crashing into your drone.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

The second video is amazing !
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules