Slave Remote
2058 18 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

Ladies and Gents I am sorry to be asking a question covered previously but I can't find the thread I need. I am setting up my slave remote for the first time, it has no firmware on it, and I recall needing a specific version to start before it can updated through the GoApp. I pulled 1.3 from the DJI website but I am not sure it is the correct one and how to start the update on the older versions.

Thank you in advance I cant tell you how much I appreciate all of the incredible knowledgeon this forum and the willingness to share it.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, 1.3 is the correct version. Install that with the USB port then all the other RC updates will be through the app.
2016-7-11
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-11 18:01
Yes, 1.3 is the correct version. Install that with the USB port then all the other RC updates will b ...

Thank you!!
2016-7-11
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

I only get the purple light, not the blue updating light...
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Once your RC is updated, you can use the video below to make sure you set the it as a Slave RC properly:

2016-7-11
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-11 18:48
Once your RC is updated, you can use the video below to make sure you set the it as a Slave RC pro ...

The bird doesnt need to be powered on does it?
2016-7-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-11 16:15
The bird doesnt need to be powered on does it?

Aircraft off during FW updates on the remote!!

Yes the aircraft needs to be turned on and connected to the master before starting the slave connection

Rich
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-12 12:23
Aircraft off during FW updates on the remote!!

Yes the aircraft needs to be turned on and connect ...

Thanks for jumping in Rich, always a great help
2016-7-12
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

Everyone's assistance is much appreciated however I am still at square one, the update wont initiate. Version 1.3 is the only thing on the card. I've tried it through a reader and through a usb cable from the X3, nothing, light stays red.

Any thoughts?
2016-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-12 15:58
Everyone's assistance is much appreciated however I am still at square one, the update wont initiate ...

sounds like you are back on the older FW version. Maybe looking at Dundee's help guide could work for you.

take a look at this information
http://forum.dji.com/thread-9186-1-1.html

Newer information for the latest firmware updates.   I hope this helps you

Rich
2016-7-12
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-13 00:27
sounds like you are back on the older FW version. Maybe looking at Dundee's help guide could work  ...

Thank you very much. Any chance anyone has a link to the 1.2 bin file? The DJI website starts with 1.3.
2016-7-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Where did you get the remote from ? It should have at least 1.3 on it . ( It cant have  NO firmware on it , it have something to default to )   Can you connect Your RC transmitter to The Go app device and when you connect tap on the top corner you will see a graduation cap, hold it in for about 8 -10 seconds and let go .  It will tell you what version the RC is currently on .  Then we can go from there .  It is a simple update from here if you wish.

While doing this  make sure

Aircraft is off
You have a strong wi fi connection to the Go App device . After you attempted to download with a thumb drive be sure to check the thumb drive afterwards for a report, it should say "success" or Abort  Or whatever, we need to see the result of that istall afterwards, that way you know where you stand.

When you tried with a thumb drive loading 1.3 or 1.6 did you do the following :
You are only loading the BIN file to the thumb drive correct, this is very important, the RC when the thumb drive is loaded will be off , then with the bin file of 1.3 loaded you turn on the RC, you should see a blue light and at the end will turn greem takes about 10 -20 min.  

donnie

Below is a sample video of the procedure .   
I can get you 1.2 but lets start with the above for now .  I just did this to my new transmitter ( For slave purposes, bought it off internet )  so know what you are going through, my sense is the transmitter has at least 1.3 and we must update from there , or at least 1.2 and 1.3 should have loaded.  

2016-7-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-13 08:59
Thank you very much. Any chance anyone has a link to the 1.2 bin file? The DJI website starts with ...

2016-7-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-13 08:59
Thank you very much. Any chance anyone has a link to the 1.2 bin file? The DJI website starts with ...

Here is  a link to 1.2 files, more than onew 1.2 ya know    ( I think 1.3 should have loaded and that is the issue but will give you the link to 1.2 just in case )http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

I think that if 1.3 did not load , that you may be doing something wrong, I am going to leave a link to a tutroial for loading the RC transmitter with  a thumb drive .  The tutorial is for loading 1.6 to the transmitter , I am going to provide a link for the 1.3 file  as well  also.  I find it difficult to believe that if you just  bought a Remote transmitter that it does not have at least 1.3 on it .  

Follow my instructions , I would first try to load 1.3 on it and then go to 1.6.  Make sure you have a clean formatted SD card with ONLY the BIN file on it .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

Read my tutorial and follow the instructions exactly .  

download  for 1.3 below

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip

2016-7-13
Use props
gary.thevideopr
lvl.1

United States

Thank you! If I cant get it running with this info I will hang up pilot wings!!

I have consistently updated the bird and my master controller as the updates rolled out.

I got the remote as part of the original package from B&H about a year ago, just never had occasion to use them both as most of my commercial stuff is simple compared to what I see on this forum.

Thanks again for all of the help!!
Update****

Success! The slave had 1.5 on it from new, guess that why it spit 1.3 back at me like a baby spitting Cheerios! Once both RCs were on the same firmware version it went off without a hitch. Thanks again for the help. I wish I known enough to kow about the graduation cap trick....

Happy Flying
2016-7-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-13 14:05

I have consistentl ...

Brilliant, glad you have it working now, Have fun.

donnie
2016-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gary.thevideopr Posted at 2016-7-13 12:05

I have consistentl ...

Glad you got things going again.... enjoy flying the Inspire 1

Rich
2016-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 07:59
Thanks for jumping in Rich, always a great help