Phantom 2 won't start up after FPV install
663 4 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tcoviello
New

United States

Followed the very simple instructions and went to update the iOSD mini.  Had the antenna on when I tried to power it on.  Beeped once and shut off.  Battery if fully charged, but Phantom will not power on.  Makes a very small "beep" and battery shuts off.  I've unplugged the IOSD mini and still won't power up. Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7-wR6sjnA
2016-7-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Are you getting any lights on the iOSD mini LED indicator?

Does the Phantom start up when you restore it to the original stock configuration?  (i.e., disconnect the CAN-Bus cable, and any other accessories)
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello tcoviello, can the battery be turned on separately?
2016-7-11
Use props
tcoviello
New

United States

It's working now, but I think it had something to do with this... I believe I have ruined my 4 motors after installing an FPV system.  The FPV works fine, but when reinstalling the 4 screws for each motor, I used ones that were too long not realizing there was no "stop" for them and they would continue to lodge into the rotors. I figured this out after reading online that this has happened to many people.

Anyway, the motors barely turn and a couple not at all, so I'm assuming they are shot?
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

tcoviello Posted at 2016-7-14 07:57
It's working now, but I think it had something to do with this... I believe I have ruined my 4 motor ...

Yeah, the motors burned themselves. They're trashed now.
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules