123Next >
5030 82 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

I had a problem with my IMU, I sent it in, they repaired it for free, the aircraft they sent back to me is a different serial number. Is this normal?

2016-7-11
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Are you sure they repaired it, might have been faster/easier to replace it
2016-7-11
Use props
wes
lvl.1
United States

They clearly sent me a different one.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your confusion, wes. Could you provide me with your RMA number here? Thank you.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is very possible that you got a new aircraft depending on the situation.
2016-7-12
Use props
t.lynch7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479951 ft
United States

I too, thought that they may have sent me back a different unit after repair. I noticed a few weeks after receiving it that my landing arms had the notches for the gimbal lock, whereas my original phantom did not. I also noticed the small piece in the top of the arm near where it meets the aircraft was missing. I will have to check my serial numbers.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

t.lynch7@Yahoo. Posted at 2016-7-12 23:28
I too, thought that they may have sent me back a different unit after repair. I noticed a few weeks  ...

Your saying the one you sent in had the plastic leg cover missing and not the new one right?
2016-7-12
Use props
t.lynch7
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 11:39
Your saying the one you sent in had the plastic leg cover missing and not the new one right?

thinking about it now, the one I sent in may have been missing the plastic leg cover from the crash, but I would have expected this to be replaced. Also, as I said, the landing gear that I received back had the marks for the gimbal lock, and the unit that I sent in did not.
2016-7-12
Use props
t.lynch7
lvl.2
United States

t.lynch7@Yahoo. Posted at 2016-7-12 11:47
thinking about it now, the one I sent in may have been missing the plastic leg cover from the cras ...

I've also posted on previous threads that I noticed a significant difference in the sensitivity of VPS. I will check my serial numbers when I get home and confirm any differences.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

t.lynch7@Yahoo. Posted at 2016-7-12 23:47
thinking about it now, the one I sent in may have been missing the plastic leg cover from the cras ...

If the one you have is missing that cover then contact support and one can be sent out to you.
818-235-0789.
The later version has the tick marks for the guard.
2016-7-12
Use props
wes
lvl.1
United States

I am happy that I got it back pretty quickly so I am not complaining. I was just wondering if it is normal policy to return a different aircraft. It kind of makes me wonder about the new one that was returned to me, is it actually new or is it refurbished? I am guessing that it is refurbished because there is some signs of wear and tear in the battery compartment area. Other than that it is perfect and flys perfect. I sent Indy Radio controller as well, the original one came back.
2016-7-12
Use props
mmarkoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

wes@pillarmarke Posted at 2016-7-12 17:22
I am happy that I got it back pretty quickly so I am not complaining. I was just wondering if it is  ...

I've sent my P4 in twice and both times came back with different serial #'s. It's disconcerting as who knows if you are not getting a unit with a problem that was not diagnosed?
Marty
2016-7-12
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

I run the repairs department for a different company (different industry) and when someone sends in a tool depending on the condition of the too we will send a new or refurbished one back straight away to avoid the down time for the  customer.. I'm sure DJI would do the same depending on the condition of the bird
2016-7-12
Use props
wes
lvl.1
United States

That is what I figured.... It would be nice to have the option given.... Been through a lot with my bird
2016-7-12
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3896588 ft

Yep,
I sent my P4 in for tilted horizon, drop in altitude and a high pitched screech.
DJI sent me a new replacement, turn around time was a week,  she flies beautiful !!
Thank you DJI !!
2016-7-13
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Yep, I think I would want the same, a diferent drone doesnt mean u got a bad one, I'd rather get it back quickly ( even a diferent one) then wait for them to get too mine. They repair and maintain, so u kno your getting a working drone that has been checked before sent too you.
2016-7-13
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 23:54
If the one you have is missing that cover then contact support and one can be sent out to you.
818 ...

I just received my phantom 4 from repair and I realized that it's not my original drone. The SN doesn't match and all of my emails and the DJI Go app said mine was fixed. No where did it state that mine was unrepairable a and a refurbished drone would be sent. Also, I bought mine from the Apple Store in June and mine had the gimble marks as I wanted. The replacement drone does not. Plus, there is a divot on one of the landing pads. Without notification of sending anything different than my own, am I expected to believe that the wrong drone was sent to me, especially receiving one that is an earlier version and with a imperfect landing pad?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-29 10:41
I just received my phantom 4 from repair and I realized that it's not my original drone. The SN do ...

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your RMA number? I'll help to look into it.
And have you tried to contact tech support for the confusion?
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-29 10:41
I just received my phantom 4 from repair and I realized that it's not my original drone. The SN do ...

It depends on what was required on your P4, if the work was too labor intensive then its swapped out for another P4.
2016-9-28
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-29 10:59
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your RMA number? I'll ...

My RMA# is CAS-238467-X6G4P7. I have contacted contact support and I am hoping to receive a call today. I also sent them the photos.
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 11:57
It depends on what was required on your P4, if the work was too labor intensive then its swapped o ...

I only had the drone for only 3 months before having this issue. The drone had a main controller connection error after doing an update. I can't believe that this would constitute getting an older version refurbished drone. Being so new, I would either expect my original drone or a new replacement.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-29 18:13
My RMA# is CAS-238467-X6G4P7. I have contacted contact support and I am hoping to receive a call t ...

Could you please provide a photo of the SN on your phantom box and the SN on your aircraft?
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-29 06:23
Could you please provide a photo of the SN on your phantom box and the SN on your aircraft?

The screen shot is my original and the photo is what was sent.
IMG_7586.PNG
IMG_7582.JPG
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-29 20:04
The screen shot is my original and the photo is what was sent.

In your picture,the aircraft SN is the same one.And according to your case,the gimbal was replaced for free.
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-29 20:11
In your picture,the aircraft SN is the same one.And according to your case,the gimbal was replaced ...

I'll have to see the number on the box. This is it.
IMG_7501.JPG
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-29 07:11
In your picture,the aircraft SN is the same one.And according to your case,the gimbal was replaced ...

Mindy, if it was only the gimble being replaced, why doesn't the drone not have the gimble marks like my original?  That's what makes me think they sent the wrong drone to me.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-29 21:17
Mindy, if it was only the gimble being replaced, why doesn't the drone not have the gimble marks l ...

The aircraft was swapped out, if there is any flight performance difference then contact support.
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 09:29
The aircraft was swapped out, if there is any flight performance difference then contact support.

I am not going to fly this drone.  I wish to send it back, for a few reasons.  One, Ken said that the drones with the gimble mark on the landing pad is the newer versions, just like I had.  Next, according to Mindy, who checked my case number, says that only the gimble was replaced. Also, I don't want one that has a divot on the landing pad on a drone, I spent good money on it and only flew a dozen times during the 3 months it worked.  Finally, Ken is saying that the drone was swapped out, contradicting what Mindy just said about my case number information.  I can not believe I am still hearing excuse after excuse.  Someone man-up and get me a drone that is not an old version, that is not damaged, and at this point, it should be a new one.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-30 01:10
I am not going to fly this drone.  I wish to send it back, for a few reasons.  One, Ken said that  ...

The reason DJI Mindy said that is we are using a very complex software program now and I was able to look at a submenu screen to see the P4 was swapped.
There is nothing wrong with your P4, I provide technical support and you nee to contact customer service but I don't know what they will do.
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 12:16
The reason DJI Mindy said that is we are using a very complex software program now and I was able  ...

Yesterday, Gabrielle said she would get all the information and call be back today.  Still waiting.
2016-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I've just sent my P4 away for repair hopefully they will send me back a mavic.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-9-30 01:25
Yesterday, Gabrielle said she would get all the information and call be back today.  Still waiting ...

There are version differences with the P3, but the P4 the only difference is they added the gimbal mark line so there are no P4 versions.There is nothing wrong with your aircraft and they will will probably say the same.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-30 01:29
I've just sent my P4 away for repair hopefully they will send me back a mavic.

That would be a nice surprise wouldn't it, like the cell phone companies do.
We're very sorry sir, the P4 is not available at this time so we've replaced it with a Mavic, we hope you understand and ok with this

Would be nice but would never happen, the P4 is a huge seller.
2016-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-29 18:50
That would be a nice surprise wouldn't it, like the cell phone companies do.
We're very sorry sir, ...

Well I think I will just have to take the plunge and get myself a Mavic, I love my P4 don't think I would get rid of it will just have to find time for both .
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-30 01:58
Well I think I will just have to take the plunge and get myself a Mavic, I love my P4 don't think  ...

I agree, I want one too. But I really like my P4 and if I get a Mavic I'll still use both.
2016-9-29
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

This is classic!!  Just got an email on the drone I returned because it didn't have the gimble marks like my original and a divot on the landing pad. The email is a bill for repair!!  Now it's a free repair, but hell, didn't even have it out of the box for 30 minutes before wrapping it and sending it back. So my replacement for a 3 month old drone needed a repair for being out of the box for 30 minutes.  I'm lost for words and exhausted with dealing with people offering empty promises.
2016-10-12
Use props
wcharwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-10-12 12:00
This is classic!!  Just got an email on the drone I returned because it didn't have the gimble marks ...

I will need to send my P4 back to DJI. I have written my contact info inside of the battery compartment in case of a flyaway and also added my FAA license # as recommended by the "Enjoy" sales rep that delivered my P4 and spent an hour going over all features and instructions. It was a great experience with the Enjoy delivery service. However, after several flights, my camera stopped taking video and is completely useless because of what appears to be some kind of interference preventing solid video transmission. Doesn't matter if I am out in the country and away from populated areas or if the P4 is 20 feet in front of me. The transmission is so weak that the video feed is completely disrupted by green black and white bars/lines and broken/jumping all over on the image. I've tried every possible fix offered by DJI via customer support online and telephone. They asked me to send it in for diagnosis/repair using my DJI Care that I purchased for $299. I have taken all precaution to handle this P4 with Care and carefully inspect it for any possible "damage" when I am done flying. Usually just wiping the shell to get a few bug spots off. Never crashed and never landed hard, never dropped or mishandled. It truly looks the same as the day I received it. I would be greatly disappointed to receive a P4 replacement that has any sort of ding/dent/scratches etc. I paid for a new drone and took care to keep it looking new, I should not get a drone returned to me that is not at least in the same quality and appearance of the one that was sent in for repair. If my P4 is going to be replaced, then please advise me of same so that I can at least expect same without feeling swindled, mislead and switched out for something that is of less condition that what was sent - appearance as well as function. I will be documenting the entire process of this return to DJI with photos, notes, communication, dates and names. After reading this thread, I am very reserved in dealing with this return now and will be proceeding with caution and documenting the entire process. It seems to be a shame after spending $1,600 which included DJI Care to feel that I must be very careful in dealing with this return. Hopefully it will be a very good experience but I am preparing for having all steps documented along the way in case I need to submit anything for review. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed DJI - p,ease don't let us down.
2016-10-12
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

wcharwood Posted at 2016-10-13 02:43
I will need to send my P4 back to DJI. I have written my contact info inside of the battery compar ...

I hope yours goes well. I've had talked to a half dozen customer representatives and they've all been gracious and friendly. The link of communication from them to the people actually holding your drone is where I believe things get "lost".  I've only flown it less than 10 times during the 3 months having it, and that was communicated in my initial case. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I'm waiting for a call from another supervisor. Hopefully someone will catch it before the same drone gets sent back to me. If that happens, half of my time I've owned the Phantom 4 will be spent out of my hands because I will have to ship it back and wait all over again. That's where I'm at today. Good luck with your experience.
2016-10-12
Use props
wcharwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft

SebastianChicag Posted at 2016-10-13 07:34
I hope yours goes well. I've had talked to a half dozen customer representatives and they've all b ...

Tonight I received 2 emails from DJI. The first one explains the return procedure, terms and conditions of what I need to do. The second provide a link to a UPS label for printing. I'll have to do this at work tomorrow. So far so good. In the first email, they claim the turnaround is 1-2 weeks from the time they receive the P4. BTW - I am in NW burbs of Chicago myself. The only two hobby shops I know of that are decent are both Hobbytown USA's, Schaumburg and one close to Deerfield area. Do you know of any other stores in Chicagoland area that specialize in DJI products - or good Hobby shops?
2016-10-12
Use props
SebastianChicag
lvl.1

United States

wcharwood Posted at 2016-10-13 08:48
Tonight I received 2 emails from DJI. The first one explains the return procedure, terms and condit ...

I bought mine from the Apple Store at Old Orchard. They also sell some of the accessories. Here's one of my videos along the lafefront. https://youtu.be/EswWRgcw7zQ  
Once you drop off the drone at UPS you'll see why I've been without my drone for 43 days, it takes a long time to get to California. I've waited 3 delivery periods and still waiting for the last delivery. I've asked if  a 2-day delivery can be done for my final delivery, ain't going to happen. At this point, I just want to get a Phantom 4 back in the air and shoot some videos of the fall colors.
2016-10-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules