OSMO - FOCUS BY JOYSTICK OPTION + PRESET FOCUS DISTANCES
1335 1 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello DJI,

I recently bought an X5 camera, I use it with the Osmo and Inspire, the most dissapointing thing about the X5 is the interface you provide for focusing.

-If you use autofocus while filming you get focus confirmation beeps which I can find no way to turn off.
-When manual focusing the on screen slider is  not very accurate and sometimes swiping it causes the app to go to full screen mode and I can't see anyway to disable it.

Can I suggest you add the following options to the Osmo/app.

+Add an option to allow the control of focus by using the osmo joystick with an option to set focus speed actioned by the joystick.
+Ability to add 2 or 3 buttons on the screen where focus distances can be preset by the user to allow instant switch between focus pulls.

Alternatively release a plug in hardware follow focus control that is just a nice big focus knob that gets rid of all the stuff that is not needed like the wireless connection, display screen and battery etc.

Make it a sensible price, I assume you looked at the legacy filming industry when you priced the current follow focus remote, but when you think of what the follow focus remote actually is (rotary encoder, simple radio, couple of buttons, screen) the sum of all parts does not add up to the pricing structure.  In fact when you consider the osmo handle kit at quater the price of the focus remote then you wonder why?

2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your advice, I've relayed them to our R&D team. Thank you.
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules