Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-12 19:28
WOW 3 firmwares releases for phantom 4 , and for phantom advanced/profesional    , when DJI will rel ...

As I've stated numerous times, if you are having difficulties with the Standard and cannot remedy it will all the troubleshooting steps then you need to send it in for repair. People have done that when they first started experiencing something, a few weeks later they get their aircraft back and problem solved.
Contact support and send it in.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-12 22:03
Can I take the long step  and upgrade directly from my current .301 to the latest, or should I upgra ...

You can jump to the latest update and everything will be included.
You can update in whichever order you choose.
2016-7-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 10:36
You can jump to the latest update and everything will be included.
You can update in whichever ord ...

Can I do the firmware update using the DJI Go app version 2.8.1?(I read posts stating the 2.8.4 has the video transmission issue)
2016-7-12
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

Just upgraded. Flies good. No drop issue. Took about 10 minutes start to finish.
2016-7-12
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 10:34
As I've stated numerous times, if you are having difficulties with the Standard and cannot remedy  ...

i have read lot of times, but can you understand the problem began after installing 1.6.80, causing problems on people using CE mode, apparently the firmware could not install some modules properly can you tell me if there is a new firmware comming to fix this issue?  Sending my drone to repair is not an option, to expensive where i live, and when i recieve it back i will have to pay taxes in costums so if that the case (better buying a brand new) 499$ .   the drone was perfectly fine before update ,   After update it flies good, but only 20m distance...  
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-12 22:55
i have read lot of times, but can you understand the problem began after installing 1.6.80, causing ...

Contact support, maybe they can help you out some. I am sorry about that.
2016-7-12
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 11:03
Contact support, maybe they can help you out some. I am sorry about that.

WOW why is so hard to give an answer? ARE YOU as a moderator from dji Company,  aware if theres a incomming firmware version for phantom 3 standard???  tell me : yes theres a process making a new firmrware version  OR no , i hant heard anything about a new firmware
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-12 23:12
WOW why is so hard to give an answer? ARE YOU as a moderator from dji Company,  aware if theres a  ...

I've given you the answers, if there was a firmware update coning soon I'd tell you to wait if possible so you don't have to pay for shipping.
Since I didn't say that to you or anyone else then that means that there is no firmware coming soon.
2016-7-12
Use props
james
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 22:29
have you tried updating through the app?

It work through the mobile app. Thanks
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-12 22:38
Can I do the firmware update using the DJI Go app version 2.8.1?(I read posts stating the 2.8.4 has ...

You should be able to update on your current app version. There is noting wrong with the 2.8.4 app.
2016-7-12
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

I've just updated the bird with no problem at all (using the assistant with a Mac).

It is too windy at the moment, so I will test tomorrow
2016-7-12
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Thanks DJI for beta testing your firmware. My own testing of the firmware (with some trepidation) went perfectly. It seems to have completely fixed the altitude drop issue. I did run into a few rough edges with the beta testing process itself which I would like to see ironed out:

When the DJI Go app syncs flights to DJI's servers, there is no way to actually see those flight records on the servers. We need a web page where we can see our own flights, download the records and provide links for when we send bug reports or crash reports to DJI.

DJI currently asks that we use their Assistant app that runs on desktop computers to download the flight logs. Unfortunately the Assistant app is not code signed for the Mac. There is really no excuse for this. It is simple to code sign an app. DJI just needs to do it. Unsigned apps are not safe to download or install and I refuse to do it.

It is easy to download data from the App using iTunes. These contain FlightRecords as text files but I have a feeling that they are only for what the controller sees. If that's the case then the DJI Go app should sync with the drone when it is back in contact with it so that it has a copy of the drone's flight records. This would avoid the need for the Assistant app.

-Mark Granger
2016-7-12
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 16:31
The current version is  1.2.503

No not for me. Not yet
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-7-13 01:45
No not for me. Not yet

No problem.
2016-7-12
Use props
babicd.cro
lvl.1

Croatia

To dji Ken and all dji people....
Many many thx for this update, now i found my P4 rock solid as it was my old P3P!
No more altitude drops, no more screen flicker or interference on mobile screen (galaxy S7 edge)!
Thx
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

babicd.cro Posted at 2016-7-13 02:05
To dji Ken and all dji people....
Many many thx for this update, now i found my P4 rock solid as it  ...

That's great to hear, thanks for posting.
2016-7-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I just dived right in and I upgraded both the firmware from 0.301 to the latest using the DJI assistant, as well as the app to 2.8.4

I have to say, the upgrade process was a complete success, no issues at all.  I turned off the P4 after the firmware upgrade was completed.  I then switched batteries, and opened the DJI assistant again, and just waited. After about a minute, I saw a prompt that I need to upgrade, I clicked Yes, and this upgrade was quick.

I then let it cool in front of the air conditioner, and I calibrated the IMU, then gimbal, then the GPS and finally I calibrated the vision system using the DJI assistant.

I then put my settings back to their original ones, including the Home Point Altitude because all of these changed.

I did a quick test using both batteries and everything looks good.  No more altitude drop now and it seems very stable.

My only issue is that the actual recorded sd card video is not as smooth as before when the P4 turns. (I use 1080p 60 frames, No color)
Any suggestions?

I am looking at the gimbal settings, which must have changed, so I will need some suggestions how to optimize for smooth video recording again.

Gimbal Mode = Follow
My Gimbal Speed is 60
Gimbal EXP = 21
Enable Upward = Off
Gimbal Smooth Track = 20
Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow = Off

I am thinking I should reduce the Smooth Track and enable the Pan follow?  

Its very windy now so I can not test it (it was n ot windy when I was testing).
I am curious if someone has the optimal settings.

2016-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-12 21:10
I just dived right in and I upgraded both the firmware from 0.301 to the latest using the DJI assist ...

Have a look at This thread, post 46, these settings work well for smooth gimbal movement.
2016-7-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-7-12 16:16
Have a look at This thread, post 46, these settings work well for smooth gimbal movement.

Thanks!

I think it's the Yaw End Point setting, which must have changed with the upgrade.  I had to reduce it to 110.
All other settings were close to those mentioned.

I will test and I will offer feedback later.
----------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated but maybe some Litchi users can chime in:
Litchi still is not maintaining the transmission channel to Auto.  I thought the latest P4 firmware was required, but the 2 issues remain:
Even though I set the Preview Quality to the lowest 4 MBps, it goes up to 10Mbps and the channel goes from Auto to some random channel.  This has caused Signal loss when the P4 is away from the RC.  
2016-7-12
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 03:03
It doesn't hurt to calibrate it. But make sure the drone is on a horizontal platform and cooled do ...

Unfortunately it seems like it didn't fix the altitude drop while hovering for me. My P4 still slowly drops when hovering about  two to three feet up in the air? I haven't gotten the time to try flying patterns just hovering.
2016-7-12
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-7-12 22:56
Unfortunately it seems like it didn't fix the altitude drop while hovering for me. My P4 still slo ...

Do you have a gimbal guard fitted ?

If none then perform a VNS calibration via the Assistant app  and if your still getting height drop in hover with this FW then it's a hw issue and needs to be sent in

Hight loss when hovering is not normal.  
2016-7-12
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

For some reason when I updated my P4 via the GO App my compass say it needs to be calibrated. But when I do the calibration, and I have done it at many different locations, it still says I still need to calibrate the compass. Also when when I check my sensors compass 2 is disconnected. I tried updated through DJI Assistant but that didn't work either. I'm currently downgrading my P4's firmware.
2016-7-12
Use props
scgene31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17802 ft
United States

DJI Assistant 2 Mac OS X app never has worked for me  so I only use the DJI GO app to update
2016-7-12
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's my info

Updated via iPhone 6 IOS 9.3.2 DJI GO 2.8.4

Can't clear compass calibration message. Calibration done numerous times. Compass 2 is disconnected.

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/cephas1/media/IMG_7023_zpsmkd2fpf5.png.html%5D
[/URL]
[/img]
2016-7-12
Use props
slockhart
lvl.1

United States

james@kupernik. Posted at 2016-7-12 09:22
I'm getting Upgrade Failed each time from the DJI Assistant 2 Mac OS X app

I could not get my Mac to update.  Had to use a Windows laptop and it worked.  But tried on 2 Macs's with no luck however.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

jcap858 Posted at 2016-7-13 08:24
Here's my info

Updated via iPhone 6 IOS 9.3.2 DJI GO 2.8.4

It is a hardware issue. Please get in touch with our US tech support and send it in for diagnosis. Here is the contact information: 北美地址.JPG
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

slockhart Posted at 2016-7-13 09:50
I could not get my Mac to update.  Had to use a Windows laptop and it worked.  But tried on 2 Macs ...

Please make sure the OS X version is 10.10 or later and the driver must be installed correctly.
2016-7-12
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

Upgrade to .503 worked great for me using GO App on Android Tablet.  I Really Liked that this one was a ONE Click to download then update.  As best I recall .411 update required download from one place in app, then upgrade from another place, a little confusing for first timer.
  My P4 just came back from repair including replacing VPS unit.   I still have the HOVER Height Issue in AUTO Takeoff.  IT will rise to 4ft then slowly drop to 2Ft.  Optical height shows correctly as 2ft, bar height shows 4ft.  If I do the same in manual I can rise it to 4ft and it will sit with both heights reading the correct 4ft.
2016-7-12
Use props
slockhart
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 23:04
Please make sure the OS X version is 10.10 or later and the driver must be installed correctly.
ht ...

Thanks Paladin.  I did all that and it was still not playing nicely.  Tried on 2 macs, but my Windows Laptop works.  I may try removing the driver and app and re-installing next time.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

slockhart Posted at 2016-7-13 11:41
Thanks Paladin.  I did all that and it was still not playing nicely.  Tried on 2 macs, but my Wind ...

OK. Hope it helps
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ShuanD Posted at 2016-7-13 11:17
Upgrade to .503 worked great for me using GO App on Android Tablet.  I Really Liked that this one wa ...

Please try to calibrate the IMU and the sensing system again.
2016-7-12
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-7-12 16:01

If none then perform a VNS calibration via the Assistant app ...

My P4 is fully stock no aftermarket parts.
2016-7-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-7-12 16:01

If none then perform a VNS calibration via the Assistant app ...

My P4 is fully stock. So your saying it may be the sonar sensors at the bottom?
2016-7-13
Use props
bentoipe
New

Brazil

bentoipe
Brazil
Phantom 4

App Version 2.8.4
Aircraft Version Unknown
R.C. Version  1.6.0

Using   DJI Assistant 2
CONECTED  DEVICES  
PHANTOM  4

Aircraft firmware  require uptades. Update  now ?

CONFIRM

Doownloading  V01.01.0411

Update  Failed    (I try several  times )

Have  special   way  to  reset ? I  cam  upgrade   only   DJI Assistant 2 ?

when  open   DJI Assistant 2
say some  time,   that   firmware  is  V01.01.0411 ,  but  the   R.C.  reconize  only Unknown.

Some  help  please.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-7-13 19:22
My P4 is fully stock. So your saying it may be the sonar sensors at the bottom?

Preform the sensor calibration through the Assistant2.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bentoipe Posted at 2016-7-13 22:49
bentoipe
Brazil
Phantom 4

Can you not update from the app?
Can you post some screenshots of the overall status page and the About page.
2016-7-13
Use props
able2-able2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

I updated mine fine all went well, might i say before i updated it was fine flew fine didnt see any issues at all but today, i was out and noticed it was saying i was 3.9ft off the ground infact i was about 6 inch!! i tested again i was at what said 6 foot and flew straight forward as i did i was certain it was lowering so i walked over and i was about a foot of the floor reading i was 4ft??

i also noticed that when im sat hovering it used to stay almost pin point now its erratic up down left rite, only noticed since update, i did a full re cal but atm my location is way to windy to test.

Anyone else seem to notice this? as this was to fix peoples issues but seems to me iv now gained the issue
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

able2-able2 Posted at 2016-7-14 00:03
I updated mine fine all went well, might i say before i updated it was fine flew fine didnt see any  ...

I updated a few P4's, did IMU and compass calibrations and they both work great.
2016-7-13
Use props
tomkes
lvl.1

Switzerland

Updated my P4 by using Assistant in MAC OX. The whole process needed less than 5 minutes and ended with update completed.

Hope to fly soon, but we have strong rain here.
2016-7-13
Use props
able2-able2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-13 17:21
I updated a few P4's, did IMU and compass calibrations and they both work great.

Thanks i will have to try when the wind isnt to strong and report back as i did do a calibration via the windows app, just seemed odd how it showed 3.9 foot when i was only 6 inch off the floor, i have done a fly down a local river at a few feet before update all seemed good didnt loose altitude while going forward, i will test tomorrow and be back, thanks Ken
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules