New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4
27314 277 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Here goes the Youku link http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ4NzQzMjQxMg==.html. It is a Chinese version.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-7-27 18:07
After successfully reset... what indicator is on

When the RC is successfully updated and connecting to the aircraft, the indicator should be green.
2016-7-27
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hello Paladin.
i did as you adviced.
see screenshots.
additional i used another usb wire. the original was dimanteling after 2 weeks i got the drone and the aftersales hotline dont like to send a new. so its a bit weired looking. i updated the aircraft firmware also.
just let you know: that consumed 2 hours of my day!

so what is the next step to get rid of the old firmware information?
thx

still error on firmware

still error on firmware

firmware in

firmware in
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-7-27 19:25
Hello Paladin.
i did as you adviced.
see screenshots.

The firmware version can be detected well.If there isn't any error message from the app, you don't need to refresh the drone's firmware.
2016-7-27
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

well- i did, because the message says: Firmware is of the last version.
means : old.
2016-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-7-27 12:48

It says in your screenshot above "firmware is of the LATEST version" which means it's up to date, the newest available. So there should be no need to refresh unless you are experiencing problems.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Aardvark Posted at 2016-7-28 02:22
It says in your screenshot above "firmware is of the LATEST version" which means it's up to date,  ...

Correct
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

thorsten.yachtc Posted at 2016-7-27 19:48

In the screenshot both of your drone and RC are running the newest firmware. If it behaves normally, you don't need to refresh the firmware again.
2016-7-27
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

Thanks for help
2016-7-28
Use props
raymondwages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304839 ft
United States

I updated firmware, imu calibration, compass calibration, front sensor calibration, after update.  Take off and hovers to 4 ft then when I maneuver it is at 10 feet but shows on screen the altitude is -17ft.  Then I get sudden increases in altitude.  Downgraded to 3.0 firmware flew perfect.  Waited till latest update to supposedly correct this and updated to latest firmware.  Flew today with same issue.  Very prevelant when flying over water.  Any suggestions?  How can I go back to previous firmware no longer on DJI Assistant?
2016-7-28
Use props
HDP Videography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55069 ft
United States

Firmware upgrade FAILS 6 times in a row even after restarting P4 and computer.  NOW WHAT?
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

raymondwages Posted at 2016-7-29 08:32
I updated firmware, imu calibration, compass calibration, front sensor calibration, after update.  T ...

Does your P4 work well in hovering and responding expect the changing of altitude number on the screen?
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

HDP Videography Posted at 2016-7-29 09:49
Firmware upgrade FAILS 6 times in a row even after restarting P4 and computer.  NOW WHAT?

Did you update it via DJI Go app or DJI Assistant 2?Any error message of the screenshot would be appreciated
2016-7-28
Use props
raymondwages
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-28 22:53
Does your P4 work well in hovering and responding expect the changing of altitude number on the sc ...

No, after the hover, the altitude changes to a negative number then the P4 starts rising up in altitude fast.  It seems to be reacting to the negative number and continues to increase in altitude.  I can override to maintain control but it still increases in altitude after i release the controller where im holding it down from rising.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

raymondwages Posted at 2016-7-29 19:24
No, after the hover, the altitude changes to a negative number then the P4 starts rising up in alt ...

You do not have a gimbal guard attached to to the aircraft do you. If so then you will get altitude fluctuations from the sonar waves bouncing off the guard instead of the ground.
Can you post a video clip of what you are seeing.
You can download a few firmware versions and also do a factory reset to see if it remedies it.
Capture (1).JPG
2016-7-29
Use props
raymondwages
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 22:36
You do not have a gimbal guard attached to to the aircraft do you. If so then you will get altitud ...

No, I dont have the gimbal guard attached but thanks for checking......i have a flight record that shows negative altitude but how do I send it to you.......as a csv file?
Also, I wanted to get firmware version with a 3 in the number....no problems with that edition.  Only ones available via DJI Assistant 2 is with a 4 in it.

2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

raymondwages Posted at 2016-7-29 23:58
No, I dont have the gimbal guard attached but thanks for checking......i have a flight record that  ...

If you have done the factory reset and have done a good IMU calibration and you still see this, then contact support and have it sent in. The aircraft should continue to rise. There could be an issue with the barometer or VPS.
2016-7-29
Use props
ktusa7
lvl.2

United States

NO MORE DROP After Firmware 1.2.503 Even Over Water & Sand Below 10 Meters. Thank you DJI.
2016-7-30
Use props
ktusa7
lvl.2

United States

NO MORE DROP After Firmware 1.2.503 Even Over Water & Sand Below 3 Meters. Thank you DJI.
2016-7-30
Use props
ktusa7
lvl.2

United States

NO MORE DROP After Firmware 1.2.503 Even Over Water & Sand Below 3 Meters. Thank you DJI. I LOVE IT!!!

2016-7-30
Use props
qcplab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764423 ft
Ukraine

okay, latest posters just demonstrating : "look, everything is fine, dont worry go on upgrading!"

But if you do, you risk to end up with faulty barometer function and spontaneous lift up and scary fast descends...alike I have with my p4, and so do many users. Too many, DJI!

Obviously, this upgrade fixes some batchs of serials and it simultaneoulsly ruins other batches of serials of the p4.

This means there could be different hardware related to barometric sensor, as well as poor design and insufficient beta testing.

I consider it inappropriate attitude, practice and quality of product which costs 15 hundreds for users while costs 50 bucks for the manufacturer...
DJI, when making your 3000% profit, among your billions you earn from us, try finding a hundred to pay to some poor engineer guy from India to test this new upgrade...
This attitude towards customers is such a crap, and so insulting that it alone enough for me to do my best in finding alternative brand with my next drone purchase.
2016-7-31
Use props
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

I seem to have significant range reduction after this latest upgrade. On the previous firmware I have flown 3kms no problem, no loss of signal,  line of sight with calm  sunny conditions.  Last few flights since upgrade, exact same location, same equipment, Ipad / IOS etc and now I get regular loss of signal at 600- 800m less than 1km. Everything was fully charged.
I have not changed anything except the upgrade to that latest firmware.

Why is this so?
2016-7-31
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have got problem with my new DJI Phantom 4 for the altitude meter, sometimes when the drone at 20 M but at dji go shows 6M or 35 M, and when the drone is 30 cm above land, the dji go shows 4M or -4M, anybody knows how to fix this problem, i can say that the altimeter on dji go show the wrong number compare to the drone altitude, thanks
2016-7-31
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-20 10:14
Hello Arpin,
1.Do you install any 3rd-party gimbal guard under the VPS? If yes, please remove it.

Hello,

I didnt install any 3rd party gimbal or anything, i fly from the road, and above 15 meter sometimes it also shows the wrong altitude such as 30 meter, i ever tried to calibrate the imu once, but the problem still shows, anyway thanks for the advice, and i need to fix this problem
2016-7-31
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

this problem has been on going for a while now, I'd say for 6 weeks I have noticed it, your sonar will be correct, I have had mine show a -20 feet when I am 2 feet off the ground... there isnt a fix yet, I suggest using sonar to judge, and line of sight... they may tell u to send it in for service, but I am sure its firmware related, not equipement as it is very common to have this problem
2016-7-31
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

oh, I have updated to this firmware after much hestitation, everything ( accept the altimeter dif from sonar) seems fine... thanx
2016-7-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have my fleet grounded because of the range limitation issue too; I can tolerate the new altitude issue now, after they corrected the prior altitude at hover issue.
It seems to me the altitude fix created a new altitude issue, which may be more evident on some P4's.

But I do not feel comfortable flying the P4 on long missions any more, due to the potential signal loss and P4 loss.

I have opened other threads about the video issue which is only evident on the P4 (P3 works great on the same device).
It's my hope DJI will address these issues soon so I can fly again, because I doubt the video range limitation was intentional.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Arpin Posted at 2016-8-1 01:43
Hello,

I didnt install any 3rd party gimbal or anything, i fly from the road, and above 15 meter  ...

Can you do a factory reset from the Assistant2 program.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

scarzee@hotmail Posted at 2016-7-31 17:40
I seem to have significant range reduction after this latest upgrade. On the previous firmware I hav ...

Can you post a video clip please showing the reduced range.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Arpin Posted at 2016-8-1 01:36
I have got problem with my new DJI Phantom 4 for the altitude meter, sometimes when the drone at 20  ...

Can you try a factory reset from the Assistant2.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-1 22:28
I have my fleet grounded because of the range limitation issue too; I can tolerate the new altitude  ...

Also try a factory reset to see if it helps.
2016-8-1
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Hello @DJI-Ken: I cannot get my P4 to remember to keep its gimbal leveled. I have performed a factory reset, downgraded, factory reset again and upgraded to 1.2.503 a second time using DJI Assistant 2. Of course, I also perform a cold reset of the IMU, compass and Gimbal and it works for that time but the correct leveling does not persist once the P4 is powered off. I never had this issue since I purchased (new) my P4 and started using it. The problem appeared recently and before I updated to 1.2.503 for the first time.
2016-8-1
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 10:50
Also try a factory reset to see if it helps.

I just want to be able to set my transmission channel to Auto and 4 mbps.

If DJI can allow this mode, to permit maximum P4 range, I may regain my confidence to fly again.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

28wins Posted at 2016-8-2 06:38
Hello @DJI-Ken: I cannot get my P4 to remember to keep its gimbal leveled. I have performed a factor ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Can you please post a quick video of it powered up with a level camera then power off and back on again.
Thanks.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-2 08:10
I just want to be able to set my transmission channel to Auto and 4 mbps.

If DJI can allow this mo ...

It does automatically go to 4Mbps when the signal gets diminished.
2016-8-1
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 21:00
I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Can you please post a quick video of it powered up with a l ...

Hi @DJI-Ken,

Yes, I will make a video tomorrow.
2016-8-1
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-2 00:00
It does automatically go to 4Mbps when the signal gets diminished.

Thanks for the reply!

Is that a built in function of the current firmware (so it will work even when using other apps, like litchi), or is this function part of the DJI-Go app?

Please let me know if DJI would consider giving us the option to set it at the 4mbps/Auto setting as part of the firmware, so we can maximize P4 range, without signal loss.
Please consider adding the channel and rate in the logs, so we can test this function.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-2 21:25
Thanks for the reply!

Is that a built in function of the current firmware (so it will work even wh ...

Yes, that's a function of the GO app, I cannot speak for any 3rd party apps and you would have to inquire from them. If you want to manually adjust the bitrate then just use Custom.I don't think your request would make it into the app as a user viewable option.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

28wins Posted at 2016-8-2 13:41
Hi @DJI-Ken,

Yes, I will make a video tomorrow.

No problem, just reply and post the link and I will look at it.
2016-8-2
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-2 09:53
Yes, that's a function of the GO app, I cannot speak for any 3rd party apps and you would have to i ...

I think we are going around the same circle:

Based upon my tests, and Litchi's confirmation:

This is a DJI firmware issue since the 4mbps/Auto mode will not "stick" in the P4. It "sticks" in the P3A P3P.  Unless DJI comes out and say to us this is done on purpose (not allow the 4/auto mode, which allows maximum range) then this must be perceived as a P4 bug.

Your earlier post states that the P4 will automatically go to 4/Auto mode to avoid signal loss, but there is no way to test this, since the logs do not include channel/rate.
2016-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules