New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4
27291 277 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-2 07:05
No problem, just reply and post the link and I will look at it.

Hi @DJI-KEn

Here is a video. I tried to align everything against other markers on the wall so you can see I have a slight tilt to the right.

2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

28wins Posted at 2016-8-3 03:33
Hi @DJI-KEn

Here is a video. I tried to align everything against other markers on the wall so you ...

Adjust it in the gimbal roll and then power off and back on and start recording before you power it off.
2016-8-2
Use props
teatimevideos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 610715 ft

Hi,
I updated my Phantom 4 with the new firmware 1.2.503 and now I have the following problems:
When I try to connect to Phantom 4 through the DJI Go aplication, the aircraft is recognized as Phantom 3 Professional (pic.1).  I use an LG G2 and a Sony Xperia on the Android system. I have unistalled and installed the application but the same thing keeps happening. When I select 'camera' from the menu, it says that updates  are required (pic.2) but I can do nothing from that menu (pic3). I receive no video from the aircraft camera (pic4). I have even formatted the SD card (and low level) and I've also used a different memory but it  continues to show that it is 0 MB (pic.5)
When I used DJI Assistant version 1.0.4 for PC (windows 7  service pac 2 ) and Macbook Pro OS X Yosemite,  it recognises that the connected device is the Phantom 4 (pic7) and that the current version is V01.02.503 (pic.8). I have tried to upgrade, downgrade and factory reset (pic9). For downgrade and upgrade I keep recieving the message " Update failed "  (pic10).  The factory reset shows that it is completed but I still have the same problems as above.
Since the first attempted upgrade, I haven't heard the fans of the phantom working at all, and the temperature of the battery and the bottom of the aircraft raise significantly whilst it is trying to update.  Lastly, when I change from PSA mode from the remote control, nothing happens on the DJI Go application.

pic1

pic1

pic2

pic2

pic3

pic3

pic4

pic4

pic5

pic5

pic6

pic6

pic7

pic7

pic8

pic8

pic9

pic9

pic10

pic10
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

teatimevideos Posted at 2016-8-3 05:30
Hi,
I updated my Phantom 4 with the new firmware 1.2.503 and now I have the following problems:
When ...

If the upgrade/downgrade fails every time, I'm afraid that a hardware error may exist in your drone.It is recommended to contact our tech support and send it in for diagnosis.
2016-8-2
Use props
teatimevideos
lvl.1
Greece

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I have to send it one of the official service centres in Europe, as I'm from Greece, and I don't think that we have something like that here. Or do you mean something else and if so, where do I find the information to communicate with tech support and for where to send the DJI? Thanks very much.
2016-8-3
Use props
teatimevideos
lvl.1
Greece

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-3 07:07
If the upgrade/downgrade fails every time, I'm afraid that a hardware error may exist in your dron ...

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I have to send it one of the official service centres in Europe, as I'm from Greece, and I don't think that we have something like that here. Or do you mean something else and if so, where do I find the information to communicate with tech support and for where to send the DJI? Thanks very much.
2016-8-3
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-2 12:56
Adjust it in the gimbal roll and then power off and back on and start recording before you power i ...

@DJI-Ken,

OK, I will try that and report my findings here to help others.

2016-8-3
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 22:48
Can you try a factory reset from the Assistant2.

Ken, Thanks a lot i will try to do a factory reset
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

teatimevideos Posted at 2016-8-3 23:38
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I have to send it one of the official service centres in E ...

For warranty work it would have to be sent to a DJI repair facility. if you have a crash and need repair (non-warranty) then you can take it to your local retailer who works on DJI equipment.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

28wins Posted at 2016-8-4 01:55
@DJI-Ken,

OK, I will try that and report my findings here to help others.

Perfect, thank you very much.
2016-8-3
Use props
randywells20
New
Flight distance : 459 ft
United States

Did the 01.02.05 upgrade. I have a T800 10" Samsung tablet. I am having the brief video loss at any distance. Even up close. Didn't have this issue before I did the latest upgrade.What the heck is going on?
2016-8-3
Use props
randywells20
New
United States

I have done the 01.02.05 upgrade. I have a T800 10" Samsung tablet. I am having problems with video loss. In and out video on my tablet when I'm flying, even up close.What the heck is going on. Didnt have this problem before I did the upgrade. Maybe I need to do something else? HELP. Scary flying far away and losing video.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

randywells20@gm Posted at 2016-8-4 09:01
I have done the 01.02.05 upgrade. I have a T800 10" Samsung tablet. I am having problems with video  ...

Have you tried other devices such as iPad air 2 or reinstall the app to try again?
2016-8-3
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have been having the same issue for some time now, since upgrading the app from 2.8.1 and then the firmware.
I am going to offer my troubleshooting synopsis, to help DJI correct this and help others:

I was using iphone 5, which was working great with the P4 with app 2.8.1 and the original firmware from factory.  I had great video and I was able to fly the P4 great distances with adequate Tx/Rx signal strength.

The app did an automatic upgrade to 2.8.2 (automatic update, which I have since disabled), as I was ready to fly another mission.  Everything else was constant.  I then noticed that my iphone video screen kept cutting out, and I was having constant green screen.  Please remember, I just flew another mission in the same area with app 2.8.1 and the video was great. I went home and I downgraded the app back to 2.8.1 and the video improved, but I was still getting some lag once in a while, but I did not have the constant video issue with 2.8.2

I then decided to use my iphone 6 p, which seem to have also helped. This troubleshooting process makes me believe that the issue was related to the app, as well as, the device we use.  The better the device (faster powerful processor) the better the video.

I finally upgraded my firmware to the current one a few weeks ago.  Since then I have noticed constant video lag and I have also lost complete control of the P4 (DISCONNECTED) at a distance of less than a mile, over the ocean.

Since then I have lost some confidence and I have reduced my flights to test only.

I have worked with Litchi and they have just added a mode in their latest version 10.1, which shows the actual channel the P4 is using when flying in Auto mode. What I am finding out is that the P4 never switches channels in flight, even though we set it to Auto.  I have only tested this during the last 2 days and I plan to do more tests soon.

If these preliminary results stay, then the issue maybe that the P4 Auto mode is not working.  
A working Auto mode is important to reduce the risk of signal loss and potential P4 loss.  It also may explain the video lag.

Another related issue I have been asking for weeks now is that we can not set the P4 to Auto and 4mbps rate, in order to achieve maximum range (and maximum performance).  I wish DJI adds the channel/rate in their logs, as this will be a great tool to know which channel(s) work best in the different areas we fly.  Litchi was able to add the channel, and I have also asked them to add the rate as well.

2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-4 21:13
I have been having the same issue for some time now, since upgrading the app from 2.8.1 and then the ...

I'm sorry you are still having difficulties. And you can set the bitrate BUT only in Custom. In auto it changes the bitrate automatically and it is NOT set to a higher bitrate and stays there, it does go down to 4mbps.
If you are over the ocean and there is no interference anywhere and you can only get one mile out at a decent altitude then contact support and send the P4 in to be looked at.
2016-8-4
Use props
randywells20
New
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-3 20:02
Have you tried other devices such as iPad air 2 or reinstall the app to try again?

Yes I did a reinstall of the 01.02.05 upgrade to the drone and I still have the same problem. Just flew the drone with my samsung note 5 and the video was fine,not one glitch. So what do I have to do, go out and spend some more money and buy another tablet? So if I buy another tablet and another upgrade comes along and that tablet won't work. Come on. I like the 10 inch tablet because of the big screen. Someone needs to fix this problem. I guess I could go back and reinstall the last fimeware update to stop this problem,but I thoght the upgrades were supposed to be for the better of the aircraft.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

randywells20@gm Posted at 2016-8-5 03:36
Yes I did a reinstall of the 01.02.05 upgrade to the drone and I still have the same problem. Just ...

Actually if your drone works well with other devices, you don't need to worry about your drone as well as the firmware. Since there are so many Android devices in the market, not all the devices have good compatibility and enough performance. Also, some plugins and apps may influence the compatibility. So it doesn't hurt to reset your tablet to factory.
2016-8-4
Use props
randywells20
New
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 19:57
Actually if your drone works well with other devices, you don't need to worry about your drone as  ...

Thank you for your help! I did the factory reset and the tablet is working great.I have another question,does my T800 Samsung tab S 10"have gps to work with the follow me feature or do I need a cellular tablet? Again thank you for the advice on the factory reset.
2016-8-5
Use props
dal.little
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66562 ft

DJI Assistant 2 for the Phantom 4 seem to have some anomalies.
When I start the app and before plugging in the P4, it tell I successfully updated the software.  mmmm I don't think so.
Secondly, I am a problem with the Air Encoder Error message. No Video Transmission for some reason.
I am trying the Assistant 2 app to update to V1.02.0503. Although uploading fails, it tells again I was successful. mmm
2016-8-5
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am not sure what the factory reset does? Is there a link? or could someone please explain what does it do?

I am mainly curious about:
Is it as drastic as going back to the original firmware, or does it just set the original P4 settings from factory, but maintains the current firmware?

If it goes back to the original factory firmware, do I also have to downgrade the app, because the latest may not work with the old firmware?
2016-8-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Tested and works as expected. Nice
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

randywells20@gm Posted at 2016-8-6 00:43
Thank you for your help! I did the factory reset and the tablet is working great.I have another qu ...

I'm not so sure about this tablet's GPS performance.But for P4, I think ActiveTrack can also be a nice solution for you.
2016-8-7
Use props
dhaho
New

United States

Upgraded my P4 to this firmware on Friday, restarted all.  Took it straight up about 20 feet and then rotate when it started to drift, tried correcting, no response, within seconds it left at high speed, crashed into a tree, then a house and then fell to the ground upside down.  I email'd DJI Support on Friday and still no response. I've had no problems in the almost 2 months I've had the P4 until this firmware upgrade.  Don't know where to go from here, does anyone know how to get into DJI's queue?  Thank you
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dhaho Posted at 2016-8-10 11:59
Upgraded my P4 to this firmware on Friday, restarted all.  Took it straight up about 20 feet and the ...

Sorry for your crash.Could you please provide me with your ticket number?
2016-8-9
Use props
dhaho
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 12:03
Sorry for your crash.Could you please provide me with your ticket number?

Hi, I don't think I got a ticket number - I completed the form found here:   http://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-4
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dhaho Posted at 2016-8-10 13:24
Hi, I don't think I got a ticket number - I completed the form found here:   http://www.dji.com/su ...

When you send an Email to our support, the system will auto-reply you with a ticket number. It is a six-figure string.
2016-8-9
Use props
user7932535967
New

I know that this is out of topic but I got a phatom 4 which does not goes further than 500 meteres. The signal is also very weak at all times. I contacted DJI support and I was told that the maximun distance is limited to only 500 meters. Is this true?
2016-8-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

user7932535967 Posted at 2016-8-10 10:48
I know that this is out of topic but I got a phatom 4 which does not goes further than 500 meteres.  ...

Maybe they thought you have the P3 Standard?

The P4 can go much further, unless you have set the Max Distance limitation, or you have it in beginner mode.
2016-8-10
Use props
dhaho
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 14:07
When you send an Email to our support, the system will auto-reply you with a ticket number. It is  ...

I submitted a second request and still no email response or ticket number. See screen shots attached -

DJI Support Form 08102016 David Aho.pdf

340.02 KB, Down times: 6

DJI Support Form Submitted

2016-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

user7932535967 Posted at 2016-8-10 15:48
I know that this is out of topic but I got a phatom 4 which does not goes further than 500 meteres.  ...

The maximum altitude you can fly is 500m above your take off point. In an open area with no interference you can fly to about 3 or 5 km depending on whether you're in Europe or elsewhere. If it doesn't go further horizontally than 500m then check that the distance setting has not been set in DJI GO.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dhaho Posted at 2016-8-11 00:26
I submitted a second request and still no email response or ticket number. See screen shots attach ...

David, I'll ask our US tech support to check your email address in the system. But it is also recommended to send an copy to support.us@dji.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-8-10
Use props
dhaho
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-11 11:24
David, I'll ask our US tech support to check your email address in the system. But it is also reco ...

Thank you!  Tech wrote to me and is assisting.  Never did receive an auto reply or ticket number until Tech support wrote to me, I assume based on your request. Thanks again  David
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dhaho Posted at 2016-8-12 07:29
Thank you!  Tech wrote to me and is assisting.  Never did receive an auto reply or ticket number u ...

You are welcome. Hopefully the issue can be solved soon
2016-8-11
Use props
scarzee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 613406 ft
Australia

scarzee@hotmail Posted at 2016-7-31 17:40
I seem to have significant range reduction after this latest upgrade. On the previous firmware I hav ...

Did some more tests today.  Same location and after this firmware update range is only a 3rd or less of what it use to be. I struggle to 900-1000M before it initiates RTH after signal loss.

I have direct line of sight all times. Definitely is this firmware which is disappointing. Now I will need to roll back to previous versions to get it back to how it was. The altitude drop issue never concerned me anyway.
I'd rather have the range.
2016-8-28
Use props
groovyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11198 ft
United States

I'm struggling to upgrade my firmware from v1.1.411 as I keep getting "Updated failed" error.
I've deleted the DJI app from my iPhone and reinstalled, which re-downloaded the firmware to the phone.
I then connected phone to my P4 and attempted the upgrade. It stays at 0% for around 10-15 seconds then I get "Update failed" error message.
I uploaded the update logs to DJI (automatically via the app) and awaiting an email (so it states I will get).

I've tried installing the DJI Assistant on my Mac but the application doesn't see my P4 when connected.
However... my Mac *does* see the P4's SD card in Finder and in the Photos application - and I can browse the contents.
I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the DJI Assistant application to my Mac but still no luck with that either.

Advice very much welcome!
Thanks.
2016-9-8
Use props
djiuser_ay6vpN8CbkyG
New

United States

I bought phantom 4 used it will not connect to wifi  flys fine but camera wont turn on
2020-8-27
Use props
fansa6cdf841
lvl.1
Flight distance : 790915 ft
  • >>>
Spain

que tiene el  la actualizaciòn nueva dji air 2s
2022-1-20
Use props
fansa6cdf841
lvl.1