What's the difference?
940 6 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunfield
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2406325 ft
Netherlands

Hi there, had a question about the 2-series; I was thinking about buying one (want to use gopro as the camera (hero 3+ silver)), but I saw different models; the original, the v2 and the v3. Found them on a big dutch retailer site, which I can trust. The dji customer chat didnt help me a lot, so hope to grab some info here . Customerchat told me these models were callled different; the original, the v1 and the v2, so maybe the names are wrong on this dutch site. So they have the same gimbal, but the difference in price is about 300 euros.

Hope this community can help me with my purchase.

v2: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dji-phantom-2- ... 040640580/
v3: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dji-phantom-2- ... 049684174/

cheers

PS; if you can answer in dutch it would be easier because of all the specs and technical chat ;)
2016-7-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Maybe this will help, navigate to the version you are looking at and change the language in the drop down menu on the right,
as well, use the search feature in the forum and try various strings of words, lots of good information....

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid251592

http://www.dji.com/de/product/phantom-2/info
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that website is incorrect. First off there is a Phantom3 V1 and V2,
The main difference is the v2 has later model motors and ESC's and the compass is shielded.
In that website's photos they show the v3 with an unshielded compass and the v2 shows a shielded compass so the photos are backwards.
Is there a reason you don't want a Phantom 3, the technology in the P3 is incredible and you use the DJI GO app to fly and see video and have full control of all aircraft and camera settings right in the app.
Feel free to download the DJI GO app and you can see limited app data. Also, in the Academy section there are the full manuals and a bunch of tutorial videos.
From the home page, choose whatever aircraft you want and then the upper right icon (graduation hat) takes you into the Academy section.
2016-7-12
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-12 17:34
I think that website is incorrect. First off there is a Phantom3 V1 and V2,
The main difference is t ...

Thanks for the info! I have my own gopro camera, so would like to shoot footage with it. And if I upgrade to hero 4 sometime, I can film in 4K. Besides that, the same reason for the phantom, when i earn more money, I can also upgrade to phantom 3 or 4 :-)
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sunfield Posted at 2016-7-13 17:49
Thanks for the info! I have my own gopro camera, so would like to shoot footage with it. And if I  ...

Sounds good. If you want FPV you will need to buy a monitor, Video TX&RX. Something like the DJI AVL58 and Black Pearl monitor is a good package.
2016-7-13
Use props
sunfield
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-13 15:51
Sounds good. If you want FPV you will need to buy a monitor, Video TX&RX. Something like the DJI A ...

Thanks again,

I think my first drone will be the phantom 2 with a H4-3D gimbal, Hero 3+ Silver as the camera. How exactly does this FPV system work and what would be a great starter setup?
I think I'll be flying first without a FPV setup, just to improve my flying skills, just flying on instinct ;)

Thanks in advance.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sunfield Posted at 2016-7-14 17:44
Thanks again,

I think my first drone will be the phantom 2 with a H4-3D gimbal, Hero 3+ Silver as ...

There's tons of different FPV systems available, just do an internet search.
If you use the AVL58 and the Black Pearl monitor, the monitor has a built in RX so you don't need another RX, battery, and wires as it's all internal in the monitor.
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules