Custom control stick settings no long supported?...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
windgate
lvl.3
United States

Posting this as it took me a few hours of repeated updates to find the cause and hoping this post might be beneficial to anyone else who has seen this situation since the latest updates.
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced that has been working flawlessly prior to the latest update to the DJI Go app for Android -- at which point the aircraft would no longer respond to the control sticks. I initially assumed that it was associated with incompatibility with the firmware for the Phantom and the updated Go app -- so I upgraded that is well with no change. Here is my listing within the Go app for versioning: App 2.8.2 Ver 1.9.60 RC 1.6.0.
At first I thought that my control sticks were simply no longer working. In going through an RC calibration I found they worked fine. Additionally they work fine with the flight simulator.
However, the aricraft no longer responds to them. Once I switched back to Mode 2 for the control sticks, everything is fine.
I am hoping whatever has changed will get fixed in the next releases of either the Android Go App or the Phantom 3 firmware.
Hoping this post spares someone else who was using Custom settings for the stick controls from repeating everything I went through.
Happy flying!

2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello windgate, did you touch "save" after you change the stick settings? Did you hear “D——” after that?
2016-7-12
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 23:20
Hello windgate, did you touch "save" after you change the stick settings? Did you hear “D——” aft ...

Hi Paladin -- yes, it saves and does the single beep, "D---". However, my prior custom settings were not lost with the upgrade, it's just that the Phantom no longer responds to the Custom settings when they are selected. I also did the typical power down and back up the RC and the drone, etc.
I've attached an image of my custom settings. It may look a bit odd, but I'm also left-hand dominant -- so these settings work best for me.
: )
Untitled.jpg
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules