Return to Home Accuracy (Video)
1545 4 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wingsy
lvl.2

United States

I recall when I first read about the Phantom 4's Return To Home feature I was curious as to just how accurate it could be. At the time I couldn't find much about that (not true now) so I thought I would practice posting a video here by showing a RTH flight. Although this particular RTH flight landed 5 feet from its takeoff position, that is the farthest I've ever experienced. Usually it is a couple of feet. Here it is (I hope).

2016-7-12
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmmm, I suspect that last second yaw input at the 29 second mark to pan the camera around might have affected where it landed.  But that's only one data point.  Try repeating a few more times without any stick movements at the end and see what, if any, difference that makes.
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even with my old P2, I've never had a RTH landing more than 5ft away. I think with the P3 and P4 the most it's ever been is a few feet.
2016-7-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RTH accuracy is consumer GPS accuracy.
Usually bbetween 1-2.5 metres but  occasionally a little more.
But why do flyers get concerned about RTH autolandng accuracy?
Even the worst flyer should be able to pick a landing spot better than the blind programming of the Phantom.
Cancel RTH  and resume control.
2016-7-12
Use props
ShuanD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft

Of the 5-6 times I have tried RTH with button push from 1000ft or so away the biggest landing error was 4inches, most were within 2inches.
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules