Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI says that IOS users to don´t fly and stay on the ground
1944 5 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
espinha.tiago.e
lvl.1

Portugal

Hey there,

I have made 4 flights today and when I  firs turned on the Inspire, I have checked the IMU values and they were unstable with the mode value off accelaration - .94. I have made calibrattion and I came up with the right that are - .99/1,01. So I made 2 flights and and the values between 1 and 2 flight were the same and stable. After 3 hours, I have made more 2 flights. when I turned on the Inspire, again the valuers were unstable and with same value. I have made the callibration again and i flew the 2 other times without any problem and the IMU values were stable.

I spoke to DJI support reporting what I have just said before and they asked me if I was using IOS or ANDROID?  I told them that I was using IOS, uptated the last firmware and app.

The answer from them to this issue was to DON`T FLY WITH IOS at the moment..

Does anyone knew about this? I have thought that the app was OFF for download no for use it..

Any comments,

Thanks

2015-1-24
Use props
patrick.bender.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9760 ft
Sweden

The latest available IOS version is 0.9.2 which means it is still in beta.
Even though most functions appear to work some might not. (I can't set RTH height in the IOS app but it is possible in the android version)
A beta is also less stable than a consumer released version which can lead to sudden crashes of the software or it can even contain bugs that might lead to you harming  your drone/property/people.
2015-1-26
Use props
tranchand.email
lvl.1

France

patrick.bender. Posted at 2015-1-26 17:09
The latest available IOS version is 0.9.2 which means it is still in beta.
Even though most functio ...

Hello,

this is the response of DJI :
my question to DJI support 24 :
Just a last question, You dont recommand to download the non official 0.9.2 IOS firmware ?
13:35:54

DJI  /  yes, but you can ues it ...         

They don't recommand but we can use it ???  Im Lost !!
2015-1-26
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

tranchand.email Posted at 2015-1-26 20:46
Hello,

this is the response of DJI :

I used the previous version of the iOS and the Firmware at .14 - flew fine with no issues.  When I upgraded to 9.2 iOS and the .16 Firmware, I started having issues with GPS lock, kept toggling between GPS and ATTI while in flight.  Contacted DJI, they said it was an issue with the iOS release and to wait for the new release.
2015-1-26
Use props
apjr1.email
lvl.2

United States

this really sucks, after all the waiting to get this thing now we can't use it ? I only wish someone would look in to a legal matter against the miserable company for false advertising or something after all every video out there when they promoted the inspired was using a apple product
2015-1-26
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

paul.swieconek. Posted at 2015-1-27 02:25
I used the previous version of the iOS and the Firmware at .14 - flew fine with no issues.  When I ...

Maybe the first complaints were just pilot set up errors etc. ? And besides the iOS app the bird was ok, only to be grounded with a sudden firmware upgrade before the real causes were discovered ...possible .
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules