12951 9 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys anyone here can help me regarding bringing a drone to french polynesia (france). Anyone here who went to bora bora and was able to fly drones? What rules should i follow? I will be buying a phantom 4. Our vacation will be on november of 2016. Thank you!
2016-7-13
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BTW this are the ff rules that i found

1. I do not fly over people
I use my drone carefully without endangering persons and nearby vehicles. I will not overfly them and will maintain a minimum distance for safety. I will avoid flying near any gathering of people.

2. I always fly my drone below an altitude of 500 feet (150m)
I will always respect the maximum flying altitude to avoid any risk of collision between my drone and an aircraft and to maintain control. In any case, I will not begin a flight or I will interrupt an ongoing flight, if an aircraft is nearby.

3. I never lose visual contact with my drone
I keep my drone within a distance that ensures easy visibility to the naked eye, and I keep it at all times in my field of vision. Immersion Flights (FPV) using vision goggles are only possible when a second person keeps the drone in his field of vision and is able at any time to easily to take control of the drone.

4. I do not fly my drone over public spaces in urban areas
In urban areas, flying over my personal property using a small drone is
allowed subject to compliance with speed and a maximum height restrictions adapted to the environment
(buildings, trees, …) to limit the risk in case of loss of control. Under any circumstances, I do not fly my drone over roads.

5. I do not fly my drone near airfields
I do not use my drone near any airfield that accommodates airplanes, helicopters, gliders,
ULM, etc. The minimum distance restriction is about 5 km, and can reachs 15 km for major airfields.
(i.e. with runways longer than 1200 m).

6. I do not fly over strategic sites
Flying over some strategic sites and their surrounding area is banned. This is the case, for example, for nuclear power plants,
military installations, historic monuments, or nature reserves and national parks. I obtain information on the location of such sites before undertaking a flight nearby.

7. I do not fly my drone at night
To ensure the safety of aircraft flying at low altitudes such as evacuation helicopters, French regulations prohibit the use of drones at night, even if they are equipped with lights.

8. I respect the privacy of others
The people in my flight path must be informed , especially if my drone
is equipped with a camera or other sensor capable of recording personal data. I inform those present, I answer their questions and I respect their right to privacy. I do not record any images allowing recognition of individuals (faces, license plates …) without their permission.

9. I do not distribute any images, commercially or not, without the consent of the persons concerned
Any image distribution must be subject to authorization by the persons concerned or the owner for a private space (home, garden, etc.) and must comply with current legislation (notably the French law of 6 January 1978 « Informatique et Libertés »).
Any use of drones for the acquisition of images for commercial or professional exploitation is subject to specific requirements and requires the possession of permits issued by the French Aviation Administration.
For more information on this subject: http://www.developpementdurable. ... -des-activites.html (french only)

10. When in doubt, I make inquiries.
Visit the website of the French Aviation Administration for more information. User federations and the National Data Protection Commission are also sources of useful information.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, French Polynesia has administrative autonomy, meaning that the law there could be quite different from those in France. To be honest, I doubt it has any rules regarding drones. You might have to call French Polynesian government to find out. Or find an email to send an inquiry.
2016-7-13
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

In fact the French drone laws also apply in New Caledonia (Nouvelle-Calédonie), French Polynesia (Polynésie française), and in the Wallis and Futuna islands. You'll find those details in the full rules description on the government website Drones Civils (in French). Keiser gave you a fairly good description of the simplified rules. Hope this is of some help.
Have fun & good flying!
2016-7-13
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply! So you guys think it is okay to bring drone? I've seen a lot of video at youtube where they are using drone.
2016-7-13
Use props
myAjzbMDGt18
New

United States

Hi Keiser,
I am likewise headed to Bora Bora in november and planning on bringing a Phantom 4 with.  Did you find any further information (in addition to the rules above) regarding taking and operating a drone?  We will be arriving at the Le Meridien on Nov 23. Thanks for any help.
RJR
2016-9-9
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey there i'm going to the same place but sooner on november 9. Will let you know. But so far just don't tell the hotel that you're flying and fly when it is early morning or night.
2016-9-12
Use props
myAjzbMDGt18
New

United States

keiser08 Posted at 2016-9-12 20:29
Hey there i'm going to the same place but sooner on november 9. Will let you know. But so far just d ...

Awesome thanks! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
2016-9-16
Use props
Topchois
New
Flight distance : 123363 ft
Australia

I travelled to some islands and Noumea in NC. the authority said you can't fly drone anywhere in NC.  
2017-4-3
Use props
fansc059f440
New
Flight distance : 39 ft
French Polynesia

Hello Guys I'm a native from Bora Bora ^^*

As Keiser said, French laws also apply in French Polynesia.
I realized a map for Bora Bora island with google earth for myself, please take a look.
Be careful, This map does not act as a legal document, it simply helps me to find out about the heights authorized as a civilian user.
you can travel by plane with your drones if the power of your batteries does not exceed 100 Wh (up to 8 batteries max).
Mavic Pro, Phantom, Inspire 2... are okay.
For safety, download the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for each model you bring. (I have this for Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 if you want)
And For maximum precaution, at the risk of being annoyed by the ANFR also download the certificates of conformity of your remotes (link : DJI certificate of conformity )

Enjoy !

2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules