Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Vibration/Jello on video
961 3 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattg1919
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213537 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced bad jello/vibration with the Olympus 12mm and 45mm lenses? Our X5 also likes to vibrate at times. Here's a video:

I have a feeling the x5 isnt supposed to make that noise. Has this happened to anyone else and did it need to be sent off for repair?

2016-7-13
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Do you have a video in flight ?  Sounds to me ( beyond the recording device interference ) like a motor to one of the yaw/ tilt  is going bad .  do you fly in dirty environment ?  Hard landing by any chance or a unbalanced landing where the camera took some of the force ?  Do you have the Balance ring installed for your lens application .  

How long have you owned this ?  You may be able to take a gentle air hose and blow out the motors a wee bit , see if something is causing that hum in the motors for the tilt and Pan.  Only do this if they are possibly dirty , if not dont do it.  
Vibrations  and jello can also come from the props not balanced  and not using proper lens filters and frame rate not being correct as well.  Yours sounds like it may be mechanical if hearing the load buzzing noises, but cant be sure without more info.  

Need more information on exactly  when this started to help more .

Are those approved lenses from dji ?  ( I am not sure on what they allow ) I do know the  and tilt / pan motors can become stressed if they are not the correct ones, and not balaced correctly .

donnie

2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-13 23:06
Do you have a video in flight ?  Sounds to me ( beyond the recording device interference ) like a mo ...

Those are approved lenses, that information can be found on the Specs section of the X5 manual as well:
X5 Supported Lenses.JPG
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, does the lens appear balanced? Do all the components seem secure to each other? Have you tried an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration in that order to help alleviate the issue?
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules