PROPELLER MOTORS & GUARDS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

So I'm installing prop guards on my P3A.  When I turn it upside down I notice that it does not sit on the tips of all 4 motors. Instead, the 2 of motors opposite of each other touch the table and the other 2 are off the table about 1/16th to 1/8th off the table. This seems to be allright considering the quad set up, but I wanted to be absolutely sure.
So, how about it? Is this normal??
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're totally fine. If they are not DJI guards then just make sure the screws are not protruding into the motor.
2016-7-13
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-13 17:13
You're totally fine. If they are not DJI guards then just make sure the screws are not protruding in ...

I bet your table is off that amount on leveling. I notice every month when I lay my checkbook on my table it always read ( 0 )  zero Balance. How can that be because I still have blank check's that's available to write
2016-7-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-7-16 09:37
I bet your table is off that amount on leveling. I notice every month when I lay my checkbook on m ...

LMAO......that was funny!
2016-7-15
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-7-15 15:37
I bet your table is off that amount on leveling. I notice every month when I lay my checkbook on m ...

Aloha gosports,

You are so bad!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-16
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Zippy,

DJI-Ken is assuming that these measurements were made after the propguards had already been installed.  If that is the case, then what he says is what you need to know.  But, if your concern is before the propguards have been installed, then I am sure Ken might have a different answer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-16
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-13 11:13
You're totally fine. If they are not DJI guards then just make sure the screws are not protruding in ...

Aloha Ken,

Please see what I wrote to Zippy above.  It may not make a difference, given that the performance of the Phantom makes up for such discrepancies, but it may have a long range effect on the life of his Phantom.  When my propguards are on, my motor hubs are not able to touch any flat surface nor have any propguards I have ever installed on P2, P3 or P4 models.  Just a concern.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-16
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

Yes, the prop guards were NOT on the P3A at that time. I noticed the wobble when I turned the bird over to install the prop guards, and , if they are on, there is nothing but guards touching the table.
2016-7-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Zippy P3A Posted at 2016-7-16 22:05
Yes, the prop guards were NOT on the P3A at that time. I noticed the wobble when I turned the bird o ...

Can you post a video clip, do all 4 of your motors feel tight?
2016-7-16
Use props
Zippy P3A
lvl.2

Thanks, Ken.  I just realized that the table top I was using is made with ceramic tiles and they are uneven in places.
I inverted it on a solid wooden table and all is fine.
Thanks again!  And all motors are very tight.
2016-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules