Need help with tablet mount
565 7 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user4fb61a1fc3
New

I bought the extended mount for my 10.1" galaxy tab. The charge port where I need to connect the cable from the controller is in the middle of the tablet. So I can't connect the cable. Should I make the slot bigger at the bottom of the mount or drill the extended mount at the top and turn the tablet upside down?
2016-7-13
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

About the only difference it makes is which placement is going to make it easier to use the back, home and recent keys -- your preference.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Is it possible for your to turn the tablet 90 degrees so the usb port is accessible? Maybe too long on the vertical side?

Then you may need to drill a hole on the back.
2016-7-14
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha user4fb61a1fc3,

You have the same rig as my P3P and P4.  On both controllers, I used a dremel tool to widen the middle of the notch that is in the middle of the bottom of the holder.  Works like a champ and have had no problems at all.  It actually seems to hold the tab better when I plug in and pull out to charge the tablet.

Because I have two controllers and one tablet and the fit is very tight, I put painter's tape (glue not too sticky) over the rubber foam supports so it will slide in and out better.  That works great to.  But, I got my P3P first and the rubber foam is a little chewed up, so do it from the beginning so as not to damage the foam rubber.  The slightly sticky painter's tape works well and does not pull on the foam when you replace it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-14
Use props
user4fb61a1fc3
New

Thanks everyone. I will try dremmel. I was just thinking that if I did the hole on the top it may be safer since the extension only cost 6 dollars to replace, if I mess it up.
2016-7-15
Use props
user4fb61a1fc3
New

Aloha. Do you have a picture of how yours looks after you drilled it?
2016-7-15
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

user4fb61a1fc3 Posted at 2016-7-15 19:26
Aloha. Do you have a picture of how yours looks after you drilled it?

Aloha user4fb61a1fc3,

Here is a photo of the two mounts.  The one with the tablet in place is the P4, but I think the mounts are swapped.  The blue painters tape is to keep the rubber foam from being damaged every time I swap the Galaxy Tab.

Aloha and Drone On!
TabMount.jpg
2016-7-16
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Some ideas here in an earlier post asking a similar question: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=52398
2016-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules