Hello Guys! Seeking video advice
619 6 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jammer429
New

Hello guys, I've had QX3 for awhile now and I finally picked up a Phantom 3 Advanced. I'm really interested in aerial videography. I got a couple screen shots of a video I took earlier today. As you can see the video just doesn't look the greatest. I was hoping to find advice on what I can do to get started into getting good looking videos. This video was shot in 1080p at 30 fps. I've not done anything in 2.7k yet as I just discovered how to change it.
P3_1.png
P3_2.png
2016-7-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I agree those shots don't look the greatest, but the weather conditions do not look good for best shooting. The sky is very bright and there does not appear to be any sunlight.

In that situation, it is best to ignore the sky, tilt the camera down and minimise the amount of sky visible in the shot, then expose the camera manually for the ground instead.

Also, if the sky is that overcast, think about packing it in on that day and trying again when the weather is better. I never go out to shoot with my aircraft on overcast days. I did it once, and the results were pretty awful.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The sky is too bright, you can try putting up an ND filter.
2016-7-13
Use props
jammer429
New

Thanks guys. This this weekend I'll be able to get it out and tinker with it some more.
2016-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No matter what you do in photography, there is no substitute for good light conditions
2016-7-14
Use props
jammer429
New

Yes I know I'm terrible at editing. But in due time.

2016-7-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-14 17:18
The sky is too bright, you can try putting up an ND filter.

In the conditions shown in those first two shots, an ND filter will not do anything. The problem is the contrast between the sky and the gound is too high, and ND filter will not fix that.
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules