Ordering from DJI
2010 14 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon
lvl.1
United States

This is a joke right?

IFLIGHT billed me twice for no reason. Cannot be reached by email. Online chat system is like talking to a brick wall. Phone support says to use online chat. Online chat says to use a different online chat that doesn't exist.

The DJI ordering process sucks. I love the product and will be placing my orders through resellers from now on. I'm submitting two chargebacks on my card against IFLIGHT today.
2016-7-14
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

So you said iflight twice so how is that djis fault they charged you twice iflight seem to just be a vender.. Ps yeah no talk call cc and put a stop in it
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only way that could have happened if if you placed the order twice.
Possibly you thought it didn't go through and did it again or tried another browser and re-did it.
You need to contact onlinesales@dji.com

If the future, just wait a minute or so after placing the order.
2016-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think you need to be on the iflight forum they have your money.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-7-15 02:24

Trust me, DJI is not going to keep someone's money for accidentally hitting buy and paying twice.
2016-7-14
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

When I order from DJI.com I am billed by IFLIGHT so I'm not sure what the difference is. I think DJI is a DBA for IFLIGHT but anyway thanks for the advice. Luckily no other problems.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

jon, did you email onlinesales@dji.com? Has your problem solved? May I know the ticket number so that I can help to look into it?
2016-7-17
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

Yeah I did. I just looked at my email and there is no ticket number. I logged in and found ticket number 320192 which was closed with no resolution.

Anyway it said shipping was free, and everything I ordered came as one shipment. Then on the day it shipped I was billed $50 for which I can only assume was shipping.

On another order I placed after that I had to pay shipping because it was under the free shipping amount. I paid the shipping at the time of sale, and again the day it shipped I was billing some small amount. While this may not seem like a big deal, this is a business. My expenses have to match the amounts taken out of the account. Now I have to deal with accounting issues where I'm claiming an expense with no paperwork behind it. I find the charges to be annoying, but the paperwork and extra time involved is completely unacceptable.

On a lighter note, I am really enjoying the P4. We have quite a few copters and it's gaining a lot of traction. It has performed very well thus far, and would be an overall great experience if it weren't for these additional undocumented charges showing up on the shipping day.
2016-7-31
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-7-14 11:24

Who is iflight? I ordered directly from DJI's website. Iflight is who debited me. I Googled iflight and don't see anything related to my problem. It seems obvious to me that iflight and DJI are one in the same company.
2016-7-31
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-14 10:47
So you said iflight twice so how is that djis fault they charged you twice iflight seem to just be a ...

Because DJI is iflight...
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide the order number?  A number from DJI would start with 0011.....
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

jon@allconnecte Posted at 2016-8-1 09:34
Yeah I did. I just looked at my email and there is no ticket number. I logged in and found ticket nu ...

Did you send it to onlinesales@dji.com? Sorry but I can't find out any ticket with this number. In this case, an order number will help.
2016-8-3
Use props
jon
lvl.1
United States

Okay, here we go again. I emailed again, #263774.

2016-8-5
Use props
shoman94.
lvl.1

United States

Pretty screwed up that DJI does not disclose that you could be charged an international fee.  I can't believe that anyone would buy direct.  Only way around it is to have a card that doesn't charge the fee.  Discover Card is one of the very few.  I will never purchase direct again.  People can claim its the CC's fault but it isn't.  
2017-1-5
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

Wow, I forgot all about this thread. It turned out to be my bank that charged the $50 international fee. To be honest, I didn't know I was buying anything out of the country, the unit shipped from the same state I live in.

It doesn't matter anymore. Firmware updates and device incompatibility were the final nail in the coffin.

There is no DJI in commercial filming, it's too risky. The only option is to hack your DJI flight controller, or simply do not use DJI. I've been let down so many times over their camera. The P4P has a great camera, and that is it, the rest is a huge mistake.

Thanks guys, not DJI, DJI is the worst mistake I ever made. Thank god my clients had backup plans, and now I understand why they do. I told them I had a DJI Phantom 4 Pro and some eyebrows were raised. Lesson learned...
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules