Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6k & DJI Inspire X5R reveal the midway in ...
1374 2 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Managed to bottle some lightning with this piece.  It started out as a low-light test of the X5R and the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6k and to see how well I could cut them together - and then it got a little out of hand.  

All done with permits, insurance, no flying over people, no flying after 30min past sunset, etc etc.  The hyperlapse sequences were made with the X5R on the Osmo, and then post-processing those clips in Resolve with maximum motion blur, and then making another layer of much more heavily blurred footage (using ReelSmart motion blur) and comping those two layers together so the less-blurred footage is in the center of the image, etc.  A Sony RX100 was used to capture the shots of the fireworks from the yoyo ride, and a Nikon D4 in high-speed burst mode was used for some of the fireworks shots to create a pixelated motion effect.  

As it turns out, the X5R and Ursa Mini 4.6k play really nicely together when you shoot in Raw on both and process using BMDFilm for both.  Kind of remarkable.  I really enjoy doing this sort of thing... wish my commercial projects could be this fun.

2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Great video, thank you for sharing. The exposure on the X5 was spot on.
2016-7-14
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Great work. Love it.
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules