Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo for Real Estate
4698 15 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
connor.koppang
New

United States

Hello,

Have you heard of anyone using a DJI Osmo for real estate photography? I'm wondering if the X3 would be good enough for interior lighting conditions.

Anything is greatly appreciated!
2016-7-14
Use props
thestepl
lvl.1

I think it will be great for real estate.. you may have to have lights on stand by but it seems it could take real estate shooting to another level... I'll be shooting one for test in the next few days.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm not very familiar with real estate photography. But it can be useful when shooting indoors with enough lighting.

For the outdoor shooting for real estate, a Phantom drone is a must have, it's very helpful.
2016-7-15
Use props
pstevens
lvl.1

Australia

I was shooting some 360 video inside a $20 million home here in Sydney just yesterday. I took along the Osmo as well to test how well I could get that steadicam effect without having to use a crane. I was just relying on natural light however, as a result, there's quite a bit of noise showing up in the footage that I shot in some of the darker parts of the house. My suggestion would be to light internal shots as much as possible. The stuff I shot externally looked quite good. Seems that the Osmo doesn't handle low light situations all that well.
2016-7-15
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I did some shots two days ago with Osmo/X5. You'll need to light the inside environment a bit. It all depends on the environment (color of walls etc.).
2016-7-16
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

Here is an example videos we shoot with the Osmo for Real Estate.  Aerial =  Inspire 1, interior = Osmo w/ X3
2016-7-18
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft

What is the recommended lighting hardwar to light up the interior of a home?
2016-7-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

msoto Posted at 2016-7-19 04:38
What is the recommended lighting hardwar to light up the interior of a home?

If the house is bright indoors (good neutral lights, bright walls, good daylight when shooting) then you might be able to do the job without any lights. But often you'll find a room/rooms with bad light conditions, so you'll need, as a minimum, a shoe mounted video LED light (I have a Manfrotto). Put that on the Osmo Universal Mount. An Osmo Extension Rod can also be handy. You might very well need separate lights mounted on stands, soft reflectors etc. also.

You need good lights to be able to focus correctly, and it also helps in post processing. Shooting in RAW is a bit more forgiving than Jpeg, because you can alter the image more in post.
2016-7-19
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-7-20 14:13
If the house is bright indoors (good neutral lights, bright walls, good daylight when shooting) th ...

Rob, Do you find that the manfrotto produces enough light? I tried a shoe mounted video led light and it created harsh shadows. Maybe I didn't position it correctly. My challenge is that I an trying to create 360x180 panos and need the light to be fairly even.
2016-7-20
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

It is not enough for a dimly lit room, but with a normally bright room, it can provide a little extra help, so you can for instance bright up some shadows cast from other light sources, or light up a bit in a dimmer area. But it will not bring enough light to be a single light source.
2016-7-20
Use props
pstevens
lvl.1

Australia

Be aware that if you are shooting inside a house with halogen lighting/downlights, there's a good chance you may get flickering in the image. Check frame rate if this is the case.
2016-7-20
Use props
connor.koppang
New

United States

thestepl@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-15 09:51
I think it will be great for real estate.. you may have to have lights on stand by but it seems it c ...

Awesome! If you could give me an update that would be fantastic
2016-7-21
Use props
connor.koppang
New

United States

USUAVMedia Posted at 2016-7-19 04:12
Real Estate Video

Here is an example videos we shoot with the Osmo for Real Estate.  Aerial =  Insp ...

Awesome video! All natural light I'm assuming?
2016-7-21
Use props
connor.koppang
New

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 16:49
I'm not very familiar with real estate photography. But it can be useful when shooting indoors with  ...

Agreed, I've got a phantom right now. Just looking to expand a bit!
2016-7-21
Use props
djiuser_aGRP7PSRtzyJ
lvl.1

United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-7-16 21:21
I did some shots two days ago with Osmo/X5. You'll need to light the inside environment a bit. It all depends on the environment (color of walls etc.).

Did you find the Zenmuse was too close? I shoot a house yesterday using my new Osmo with Zenmuse x5.  I wasn't very impressed with what I got. I have a 15mm lens on it. Do they make a wide angle for those things?
2018-11-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_aGRP7PSRtzyJ Posted at 11-18 09:49
Did you find the Zenmuse was too close? I shoot a house yesterday using my new Osmo with Zenmuse x5.  I wasn't very impressed with what I got. I have a 15mm lens on it. Do they make a wide angle for those things?

Hi,

You could put a 12mm on it. See the compatibility chart here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-36285-1-1.html
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules