Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Z3 camera

Z3 camera

Just saw the latest news on the Z3 camera, what do you all think of it? Are you interested in getting one?

I personally like the idea of zoom on a more affordable camera than the X5, the advertised price is $900 which puts it below the X5 but still near twice the price of the current X3 (which, besides 3.5x optical zoom, it seems to match for most specs).

Also:

X3 -> Inspire 1
X5 -> Inspire Pro/v2.0
X5R -> Inspire Pro Black Edition
Z3 -> ?

Z3 on M100

Z3 on M100

For my part, I'd like to see an Inspire Zoom which is capable of 32m/s...

Single SelectVote, Total 40 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-7-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The most likely vote cannot be selected: would buy it but sure not for this price

For a normal price I would have considered it tough it still has the small washing chip and low bitrate but this price is phantasy. I just bought an normal OSMO complete set for under 350,- in Amazon. Pointless that the same camera alone with just a 3,5x zoom should cost 900,- monopoly.

Oh and is it ture that the Z3 for the Inspire will NOT be compatible with OSMO but you have to buy a fidderent Z3 for OSMO?
2016-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like we have seen some of the  new innovation's for the Inspire 2.  Look at the gimbal mount on the Z3 camera, it is supported on both sides just like the P4 camera.

The Zoom feature is nice but not $900 bucks nice

Rich
2016-7-14
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

For pictures it would be great but for video it will result in very shaky  video when you zoom in.
2016-7-14
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Yeah, I agree with the price being a bit much, I didn't realise how much the X3 and Osmo were these days. Given the discount on the X3 right now, could it be that they want to EOL it and replace it with the Z3?
2016-7-14
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

By the time this comes out Ill be flying the Inspire 3.  Given DJI's chronically slow manufacturing process you'll be lucky if the Z3 is out anytime before Xmas.  It says 15-20 days but so did the X5 adaptor for the Osmo and it took 3 months to get that.  DJI need to perfect the products they have, if they cant then ditch them and offer trade in money off to customers, reduce the number of product lines across all platforms, announce a product and within 4 weeks have them for mass distribution.  As a billion dollar company DJI need to sort out their customer service processes.  
2016-7-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

ayrshireuav Posted at 2016-7-14 20:49
By the time this comes out Ill be flying the Inspire 3.  Given DJI's chronically slow manufacturing  ...

Though they announced it today the Z3 exist already for over 2 months so I dont expect eternal delivery times. Also they will hurry as long as someone pays the haevy price. I dont expect an Inspire2 before 2017 but I dont think many Z3 will be solt then.........
2016-7-14
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-14 20:05
Though they announced it today the Z3 exist already for over 2 months so I dont expect eternal del ...

The almost double price is an insult and profit grab, the only difference seems to be the lens, they swap out a fixed M12 mount for something like, this and double the price. For mast the same money you could have a Typhoon H920 with 20 optical zoom vs this 3.5x optical zoom.
2016-7-14
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

Is it plug and play on the X5 I1Pro mount?
2016-7-14
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Perhaps I don't know enough about cameras, but I think the price is slightly above fair.  It's definitely an improvement.  If you look at the "yoke" design, multiple lenses, optical/digital zoom, and existing compatibility with existing product, it makes sense.  Originally, I wanted to try out an x5.  However, the x5 doesn't zoom beyond the pinch or the manual setting.  That z3 camera will allow you to have true optical zoom that you can control from the go app.  It's the only camera for the inspire that will do that.

oh... and... me!   I want one!  
2016-7-14
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

We can complain as much as we want about the price. It won't change.
It seems expensive for the upgrade from the X3.
I'll wait to see the reviews and whatnot.
I have a feeling an i2 is on the way.
This might be the standard camera. So jumping the guns may not be a good idea. But that's all an assumption.
I wish they upped the Megapixels. I don't need it for vid as much as for stills for construction progress.
For vid we have the X5 available.
Depending on how deep is your pocket, go X5R.
2016-7-14
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was going to eventually get rage cam mod to have closer view, but wasn't happy about having to change lens out. Didn't think any zoom would be available for a while. So I ordered one as soon as I saw post on dronenerds.
2016-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Linolens Posted at 2016-7-14 19:38
We can complain as much as we want about the price. It won't change.
It seems expensive for the upgr ...

Agree, this will have it's place and most likely be the default camera on the new Inspire 2... The X3 will most likely be fazed out... Good things are coming soon.... Maybe Nov 2016?

Rich
2016-7-14
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

I would of liked to see a bump in MP with matching lense and maybe zoom.
2016-7-15
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

x7 zoom is not much, my mobile has x8 zoom and it's not much.

you just won't have to fly dangerously close to an object.

There will never be the x30+ zoom from dji but only after market ones.
2016-7-16
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

leanlinao Posted at 2016-7-16 14:48
x7 zoom is not much, my mobile has x8 zoom and it's not much.

you just won't have to fly dangerousl ...

its x3,5 zoom - forget digital zoom crap
2016-7-17
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-17 11:45
its x3,5 zoom - forget digital zoom crap

I bought one and here are my feedbacks.

For now, the control are very limited.
You can zoom in and out but..
You can't change the zooming speed, you can't start and stop zoom smoothly.
The autofocus function is activated only at the end of the zoom (not continuous AF), so it gives you a focus check (lens move back ward a little bit) blurring any end of shot.
AF is a small window only, so You have to select a zoom spot that it can be used (not easy on a sea for example)

It goes automatically from optical zoom to digital zoom, there is no way to disable the digital zoom.
There is no indication of zoom level..

So it's quite useless for video until DJI release some software updates!

2016-9-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

visionrouge.net Posted at 2016-9-17 22:40
I bought one and here are my feedbacks.

For now, the control are very limited.

Curious are you experiencing and lag or transmission break-up?
2016-9-21
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
Hong Kong

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-9-22 08:11
Curious are you experiencing and lag or transmission break-up?

With Note 4, not too much lag, quite smooth image transmission
With the Tab S 7 it's very choppy, you can't use it to check your shooting.

I just did some test flight not too far to be honesst, checking if the viewpoint remember the camera zoom level (They don't)

Again, the slave remote video feed from usb is quite bad compare to the signal from the master remote.

I run 2.9.1 in a brand new clean android install on both tab and phone to compare.

2016-9-25
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Another downside with the Z3 compare to the X3 :

You can't switch by pressing to the wheel on the side of the remote between iso/EV and shutter speed anymore.
It's stuck in iso mode. you can access to shutter speed by using the screen only, pressing the wheel just do nothing, I put back the X3 and it's working just fine.

DJi engineers are really releasing something not ready for public as usual.
Again,I'm a beta tester and don't get pay for it.

I was hoping using this camera for my coming shot, but I will stick to the X3, too many things are not working.
I hope many people will read this post and not buy the Z3 right now, waiting it to be fixed big time. This is not right to have a business model working like this.

2016-9-25
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This has to be resolve soon, but I'm afraid with all these new released DJI products(that have issues). We Z3 owners will have to take a back seat which is completely BS
2016-9-26
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft

I've returned mine.  Not letting DJI continue to have my money for a product that simply does not work.  Had they shown care for their customers and made an announcement acknowledging and stating their intentions re a fix then I would have kept, but after 29 days still nothing.  Pretty shocking behaviour.
2016-9-26
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wattsnb@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-26 11:48
I've returned mine.  Not letting DJI continue to have my money for a product that simply does not wo ...

Go check out there osmo forum page, osmo Mobil seems to be having issues as well...not to mention, mavic will be out soon and I'm sure they'll be issues with that. I can honestl, say I'm fed-up with DJI and I'll think twice when purchasing anymore of there products...
2016-9-26
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking about the Mavic but I already spent money on the Z3 so Ive learned a valuable lesson about DJI.  I'll stick with my "professional level" Inspire and not buy into anything consumer level and certainly not first release from DJI as the last thing I need is something that will burst into flame from an Asian manufacturer.
But certaintly better than the Karma that will be the downfall of Go-Pro.
Thanks to foot dragging by the FAA American companies have lost the competitive edge in consumer UAS.
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules