Follow Focus motor won't turn
3588 8 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.2

United States

My follow focus has decided not to work all the sudden.  The Motor powers on and it syncs to the remote.  When I press auto calibration I can here the motor make a single attempt to turn the gear (you can see the gear move just barely) then nothing.  The remote also never moves the gear.  I've tried the tension screw on the gear looser or tighter but nothing helps.

I have flashed the firmware and am up to date but still no luck.  Anyone else have this problem?

This is double frustrating since I just got my Ronin back from the service center and now I find that the follow focus doesn't work so I'll probably now have to send this in and push our production schedule yet again.  Sad face.
2016-7-14
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Thats very sad ro hear, did you tried manual calibration? I never use the automatix since it feels like the motor doesnt like it
2016-7-14
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Try a different P-tap connector, please check if some of the 6pins of the Lemo connector is bend, since they are really easy to brake, try the 2 more p-tap to lemo you have with the focus motor, try the other p-tap on the ronin, try to switch motor kill in the ronin so the dji focus has all the power it needs, and run a manual calibration instead, also, do it in the air without attaching a lens, see if you can make it move at least. +543855858493 send me a whatsapp if you want, i have a ronin and a dji focus too
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video of the issue?
2016-7-15
Use props
info
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-16 05:56
Could you happen to provide a small video of the issue?

I sent it in and they needed to replace the motor.  It was about a $900 charge at first, but that's because they weren't using the purchase info i gave to confirm that I was within the warranty window, so I'm assuming that charge will go away and I'll get my repaired unit back soon.

I used it for all of 9 production days, so I'm hoping that I just got a lemon the first time and this issue won't present itself again when I'm out of the 1-year warranty window.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

info@ssp.la Posted at 2016-7-23 07:29
I sent it in and they needed to replace the motor.  It was about a $900 charge at first, but that' ...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear you're getting this addressed. You will be up and running again soon with enough.
2016-7-22
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

info@ssp.la Posted at 2016-7-22 20:29
I sent it in and they needed to replace the motor.  It was about a $900 charge at first, but that' ...

$900 dollars? It's a better idea to buy the motor apart which costs 550
2016-7-23
Use props
info
lvl.2

United States

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-7-24 10:32
$900 dollars? It's a better idea to buy the motor apart which costs 550

Got the unit back and it worked for 3 hours unit it died again.

Started a new thread on it:  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=330587

2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

info@ssp.la Posted at 2016-8-13 00:06
Got the unit back and it worked for 3 hours unit it died again.

Started a new thread on it:  http ...

I've responded to you on your new thread.
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules