# sta: Station mode
# p2p: Enable Wifi Direct Support for peer-to-peer connectibity
WIFI_MODE=ap
# GPIO pin to enable or disable WiFi
#WIFI_EN_GPIO=95

##### STA mode configuration ##########################################
# SSID
ESSID=amba_boss
# Passphrase. Leave empty at no security mode; please edit wpa_supplicant.conf when your AP cannot be detected
PASSWORD=1234567890
# Device Name for AMBA Discovery Protocol (optional)
STA_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1
# Do not detect SSID setting changes, use previous scanned results
STA_SKIP_SCAN=yes

##### Wifi Direct configuration ##########################################
# Find devices with correct name prefix and automatically connect at startup
P2P_AUTO_CONNECT=no
# Auto-connect with devices if the name prefix matches
P2P_CONNECT_PREFIX=amba
## Do not enable this optional field unless you are certain
# please provide a unique name amoung multiple devices to prevent confusion
#P2P_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1
# Set the default P2P GO Intent
#P2P_GO_INTENT=0
# Specify P2P operating channel
#P2P_OPER_CHANNEL=1
# Default mode for HT40 enable when operating as GO
#P2P_GO_HT40=0

##### SoftAP configuration ##########################################
# SSID (1 ~ 32 characters)
AP_SSID=amba_boss
# IP address
LOCAL_IP=192.168.42.1
# IP subnet mask
LOCAL_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
# IP pool starting address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_START=192.168.42.2
# IP pool end address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_END=192.168.42.6
# Wifi channel number, set 0 to use Auto Channel Selection
AP_CHANNEL=0
# Maximum number of stations allowed in station table
AP_MAXSTA=5
# If you say yes here, all WPA/WEP settings will be ignored
AP_PUBLIC=no
# WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)
AP_PASSWD=1234567890

2016-7-16
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

It's a config file, what should we check?
2016-7-16
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

cloudycante Posted at 2016-7-16 11:51
It's a config file, what should we check?

i have no idea, lol i just found this file, Maybe just maybe someone who understand this might find something out of place, dunno we recently having issues with signal distance on phantom 3 standard, maybe by changing something we can get lot of distance as we used to before firmware 1.6.80, for example that

#Maximum number of stations allowed  =5 is that good? or should i change anything
2016-7-16
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-16 17:58
i have no idea, lol i just found this file, Maybe just maybe someone who understand this might fin ...

That is just the wifi configuration for the remote controller, which on the P3S acts basically as an Access Point.
If there's any software change that is responsible for the decrease range, is in the binary files, not certainly in the plain text config file.
2016-7-16
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Italy

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-16 17:58
i have no idea, lol i just found this file, Maybe just maybe someone who understand this might fin ...

Btw, (it really depends on the running software, but) it would look like you can connect up to 5 device to the remote controller, concurrently. Didn't know that (I assumed it, though, as each one decreases the bandwidth). Still, good to know it for sure :-)
2016-7-16
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

cloudycante Posted at 2016-7-16 12:19
Btw, (it really depends on the running software, but) it would look like you can connect up to 5 d ...

thanks for the asnwer, lot of people get double distance by downgrading firmware 1.5.70 that cant be coincidence, bothers me dji wont acept theres something wrong with firmware 1.6.80  atleast for CE users ( outside of US). 1 month and 2 weeks and still no fix, no words from them, support just say sorry and to send drone to repair( i dont understand why it needs to be repaired? :O
2016-7-16
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

Really you guys should just send it back for repairs as I did and it was worth the effort
1230 m distance at 90 m height
And no signal or video loss
And then 451 m height
I'm in Australia in CE mode with all current updates
It wasn't working before
After two returns to DJI all fixed

So stop wasting your time and let the professionals (DJI) fix your equipment

image.png
2016-7-16
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-7-17 04:00
Really you guys should just send it back for repairs as I did and it was worth the effort
1230 m di ...

Lots of people reluctant to send the drone in is because of cost and pilferage. Courier fee, custom imports... They don't have the luxury of delivery/pick up direct to/from the repair agent.
2016-7-16
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-7-16 22:28
Lots of people reluctant to send the drone in is because of cost and pilferage. Courier fee, custo ...

EXACTLY, here from my country to send it and recieve it back will be like 190-215 USD   if that the case i better not send it and just buy it brand new again, But here is my question i want people to READ, STOP AND THEN realize it has a bit of logic what im saying, IF i was ABLE TO FLY 70M HEIGH AND 300-450M  away before the upgrade to 1.6.80 , its funny that "darrenphillips" try to defend DJI by saying he sent his drone to repair not 1 time BUT TWICE , dji lacks of tact on costumer support, they should ATLEAST CALM US BY PUTTING A NOTE IN THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE saying " we are aware of the problem we will try resolve it as soon as possible (EVEN IF IS NOT TRUE)

1 month and 2 weeks ( still no new firmware, or official fix from their part) but theres been releases for dji phantom 4, and phantom 3 profesional and advanced.

My only toughs are they wanted to mess up standard, to slowly get them out of the market because it was competing with their prime products...  
Also weird that those who sent the drone for repair , wont tell or cant tell what piece inside the drone was failling.
i read around one guy sent it back and recieved it again working fine, same Serial numer on board....
ANYWAYS im typing to much amen
2016-7-16
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

egconstruger@gm Posted at 2016-7-17 10:59
EXACTLY, here from my country to send it and recieve it back will be like 190-215 USD   if that th ...

Yes I understand you situation in regards to the costs of returning your equipment to DJI
Have you asked them if they will cover these costs as they did in my case
Yes I had to return my equipment to them twice and if you bothered to read my posts you will see that I had to be persistent and pretty much tell them what was wrong with my phantom 3 standard
I concluded from some experiments that it was the wifi transmitter in the aircraft that was the problem
And if you bothered to read my posts I also posted the profomer invoice showing the part that they had to replace
It is not recommend to try to replace or repair this part unless you are extremely qualified to do so
You say I am defending DJI
I am just telling it how it is and being totally open and honest
It's entirely up to you how you proceed in getting this issue resolved
IT IS NOT A FIRMWARE PROBLEM (although it most certainly was caused by the firmware)
IT IS AS A RESULT OF (we will never know) AND THE END RESULT HAS BECOME A HARDWARE ISSUE
I'm only trying to help you
Read my posts and you hopefully will work out the way to approach this issue with the manufacturer and remember understanding and respect while still being assertive is the the best way to get a positive result
I honestly hope you carefully read and understand what I'm trying to get you to understand
This equipment is absolutely amazing when in working order and I sincerely hope you get your aircraft back in the air flying without any issues and you enjoy it as much as I do
Your sincerely
Darren
2016-7-17
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-7-17 21:54
Yes I understand you situation in regards to the costs of returning your equipment to DJI
Have yo ...

thanks for replying! i understand what you say but its not hardware, we will have to wait for dji to say what was wrong, or if they ever release new firmware
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules