Do you need to turn on airplane mode?
1834 2 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macphi
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi everyone,
Do you have to turn on airplane mode on your tablet/phone before connecting it to the remote control of the inspire 1 and launching the app?
I have not received my bird yet, but I was wondering what is the feedback of current users (and whether leaving wifi/3G on on your phone/tablet could interfere with proper operations of the inspire 1, since it sits on top of the remote)

Thanks for your feedback.
2015-1-25
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I would be more inclined too turn OFF WIFI and 3G / 4Gcompletely Just incase.
2015-1-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went through this with my Phantom 2 Vision. By putting my iPhone in Airplane Mode I doubled my range when I was in the vicinity os a Cell Site. By doing that You cut down the interference from the Cell Site. I even checked the Antennas on a Tower that had 3 Cellular Systems on the Tower and operating. I flew literally within inches of the Tower with no problems at all. I have not flown my Inspire yet so I don't know how that is going to act in that environment. The Inspire Controller has a greater output than the Phantom Series so you will have a stronger signal to the Inspire Receiver. Now comes the predicament that you will have by going into Airplane Mode. No Maps. You will have to Cache the Maps to your smart device. If you are not within eyesight of a Cell Tower I wouldn't worry about it and if you keep the Inspire within sight you should not have any issues as the Transmitter (Inspire Controller) is quite strong. As with anything else, try things gradually. Don't go full speed ahead first time out. Get a feel for your Inspire. Again, it all depends on your surroundings and what you are trying to accomplish. Again, my experience is with Phantoms, I have not flown my Inspire yet and I could be all wet with the above as it relates to the Phantoms, The Inspire is much more sophisticated.
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules