Insurance for the Inspire
993 5 2016-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djelmore818
lvl.1

United States

Currently I own the Inspire pro with the X5 camera and would like  to know if anyone out and about has there bird insured and if so with  who and what is the coverage? I know many insurance companies were  waiting for the FAA changes to come out but I have not heard or seen of  anyone picking up any insurance and how good the coverage is. I am  looking for someone that has affordable insurance to cover my Inspire  in the event it takes a hit. The total cost of the bird and the  accessories where not cheap as you well know if you are an Inspire owner   as well.
Any info would be appreciated.

2016-7-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You are aware that DJI  has Insurance for your aircraft as well correct?

donnie
2016-7-18
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Unless you are looking for liability as well?
BWI is covering my inspire + 1 batt + x5r for just over $1200 a year. also covered for $1mil in liability.
2016-7-18
Use props
hhpiper-sp
New

United States

We are pricing Allianz for our Inspire.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Care is really good insurance.http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
2016-7-18
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I have asked for clarification on the DJI insurance, but I never got an answer (DJI pre-sales support ignored it entirely).  For instance, according to the site, the value of DJI insurance is what you spend on it.  If you surpass the cost of the insurance with your claim, it does you no good.  Furthermore, each time you make a claim, it deducts from the cost of the insurance.  It was never made clear as to whether or not parts are at a discounted price when applied to the claim.  If the parts are not at a discounted price, than DJI insurance is nothing more than putting your money on retainer and then losing it completely if you never make a claim.
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules