Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

How about a battery discharge flight mode that is available through DJI Go? I don't know if this is feasible, but I would think so. The main function of it is to guide new pilots and also to disable RTH in a safe manner when flying for discharging. I guess it could avoid some accidents when pilots fly for a discharge, and then the Inspire heads for a RTH when the battery is low, and the battery may be weaker than it is so the Inspire have not enough power. Or a new pilot might now be prepared for the RTH message when the battery is low.

Below is a very brief idea of how it would work:
* Activate the flight mode in DJI Go (via Settings/Battery menu, for instance).
* When the flight mode is chosen, it guides the pilot through some steps:
     1. Confirm the flight mode.
     2. "Set maximum flight radius for this flight" (default for instance 15 meters, no need to fly far away for discharging the battery). Only sets the value for this flight.
     3. "Set maximum flight height" (for instance 5 meters, default 1). Only sets the value for this flight.
     4. "Disable RTH, Yes/No" (default Yes). Only sets the value for this flight.
     5. "Battery % warning" (default 30%). Only sets the value for this flight.
     5. "Accept settings, Yes/No".
     6. "You can now fly your aircraft. When you see the battery % warning, lower your aircraft so it lowers the gear. Hover close to the ground until the battery reaches %. Land."
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You already have the ability to restrict the distance and altitude from the MC Settings section of the DJI Go app that can help minimize issues during a flight discharge. The minimum altitude restriction is 20m and the minimum distance limit would be 15m. If you're planning to fly within close proximity of the Home location, then the unit would be inclined to self land instead of returning home. The suggestion is appreciated as a mode function as opposed to manually setting these parameters separately, but these are at least available at this time.
2016-7-18
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-18 20:03
You already have the ability to restrict the distance and altitude from the MC Settings section of t ...

Hi,

Thank's. Yes, Jamie, I know all my suggested settings can be made manually, but my idea was to make it a separate mode, that only stores the height/distance settings for just that flight. Just to minimize people flying a bit too far doing discharge, accidentally triggering Battery Low RTH etc.

As the functions already exists globally, I thought it would be a good idea to make a separate, easy function for it that guides the user, like how the DJI Go guides you through tracking mode etc. on the P4.

Cheers,
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules