3487 9 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rune.madsen.ema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22126539 ft
Norway

Hi,

Is it not possible anymore to do a basic calibtation. I can only find Advanced IMU calibration in my Android Pilot app version 1.0.4?

Can anyone also tell me if I should calibrate my Inspire1 if the numbers in Acceleration(G)  MOD window are between 0.98-1.02 is this bad?
I am always getting these numbers before each flight....then after calibration I'll get numbers betveen 0.99-1.01.
But advanced calibration takes 4-5min..not very happy about that with only one battery.
And still waiting for extra batteries.

Anyone?

2015-1-25
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Don't really know sorry, but likewise only got 1 battery and do a IMU cal before every flight. I flew last weekend and did an autoland, changed camera settings and ready for a takeoff, thought I'd just check the IMU MOD's and one was .96, so yes a pain in the bum but not as much as if it flew into a tree or worse. IMHO.
2015-1-25
Use props
geox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 732339 ft
Greece

I have only one battery, and i do IMU calibration in every flight. no possibility for mistakes like IMU problem. less flight time but sure you are going to have your inspire 1 for your next flight. till more updates to the app, continue IMU calibration.
One last think. today i was doing a new small test flight, and tried to take off without IMU calibration, the system gave me alert, No lift off without IMU calibration.
2015-1-25
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I know that info is here search it ...
2015-1-25
Use props
rune.madsen.ema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22126539 ft
Norway

geox Posted at 2015-1-26 03:12
I have only one battery, and i do IMU calibration in every flight. no possibility for mistakes like  ...

Hi

Yes of course,  I always do IMU calibration before each flight just to be on the safe side.
But it would have been nice if we could do a fast basic calibration instead of a advanced one for every flight.  
Can't find this option in the app anymore.
2015-1-25
Use props
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have a similar problem. In 3 out of 5 flights the motors will not start with the message "IMU Calibration required"
This even happens when flying from the same place as previous.
This, of course, is a real pain in the Butt having to stand in a freezing wind for 4 to 5 minutes.
After calibration I get mod  0.99 - 1.01
The Inspire flies perfectly on each flight.
In view of recent reported Inspire IMU problems I will calibrate IMU an Compass before each flight for the time being

The sheer joy of flying such a superb machine makes up for all this hassle.
2015-1-25
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Hi

I do a calibration once a day.. Compass + IMU than I put the Inspire back on charger. charge the full battery than fly. I have flew 12 kms yesterday, with my brother being the co-pilot. - 3 charges... its hard to live with 1 battery. I'm waiting like 3 weeks for 3 more 5700 batteries and extra chargers...

The real question here is, if calibration is required before every flight? What is the recommended waiting time between 2 calibrations hours/days/weeks??

2015-2-1
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-2-1 20:36
Hi

I do a calibration once a day.. Compass + IMU than I put the Inspire back on charger. charge the ...

Personally I would do an IMU cal before every flight until DJI can offer firmware to sort it out.
2015-2-1
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-2-1 20:36
Hi

I do a calibration once a day.. Compass + IMU than I put the Inspire back on charger. charge the ...

This question was brought up a few weeks ago in another post. If you searched you would probably find more information. What I got out of it do an IMU calibration if I seen any drifting. I have over 30 flights now and it has only had a small drift once. I was really close to a cell tower in my back yard but. Did an IMU calibration and that hasn't happened again. It probably has been 2 weeks since I did my last IMU Cal.... Don't take what I say as the gospel. It's your inspire and READ and TALK to CS and make up your own mind After all it's your 3k..

Mike
2015-2-1
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

svencool Posted at 2015-2-1 22:07
This question was brought up a few weeks ago in another post. If you searched you would probably f ...

Svencool, I agree with you. Those who calibrate before every flight are overdoing it. I think maximum once a day is enough. If DJI would think that IMU should be done before the flights, they would write it somewhere or a pop-up warning would be visible.

The bird asked only for once to do IMU cal. Before every flight I check the sensor values, and its always good, so I don't think that I need any calibration.

The drift happened to me too, and I did a new calibration immediately, after that everything is great.
I love my Inspire, its an amazing thing.  I shot some amazing videos already

2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules