Z-15 GH4 power pin configuration
1377 7 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

I am looking for the pin configuration of the power connector on the back of the Z15 GH4. Can anyone out there help me with that? Many thanks in advance with more to come!

Jonathan
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, what are you attempting to install the GH4 to? Has the gimbal cable become damaged, or are you looking for connection diagrams to a flight controller?
2016-7-19
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Hi Jamie,
I'm wanting to power the Amimon Connex air unit. The mount they make to attach it directly to the Z15 creates a balance problem that causes a vibration. They've confirmed other users having the same problem and suggested adding sticky tape. Didn't work. So instead of adding additional weight of another battery to the payload I want to make a cable of equal length to the HDMI cable that I'm using (18"). Mounting the air unit to the Z15 mounting plate will give me at least 720 rotation which is equal to the X5 on our Inspire. Thanks for your help.

2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kestrel Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-29 17:26
Hi Jamie,
I'm wanting to power the Amimon Connex air unit. The mount they make to attach it directly ...

Have you also talked to the support team for Amimon Connex about this as well? Unfortunately, I would be limited in being able to troubleshoot 3rd party products. Are you not able to relocate the air unit onto the craft itself?
2016-8-1
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-1 15:57
Have you also talked to the support team for Amimon Connex about this as well? Unfortunately, I wo ...

Far as Amimon. their suggestion is sticky tape. My guess is to change the weight/balance. Not a very good fix far as I'm concerned. Sure, I can a few places on the 900, but to do so would mean adding another battery to the payload. The cable they provide is only about 2", long enough for their mount. My one gripe about the 900 is flight time, adding more weight is not something I want to do. Bottom line is all I'm asking for is the pin configuration on the back of the Z15 that the Connex uses to power the air unit when mounting to the gimbal using their mounting hardware or DSLR Pros for that matter. What I'm asking has nothing to do with anything 3rd party
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kestrel Aerial  Posted at 2016-8-8 06:24
Far as Amimon. their suggestion is sticky tape. My guess is to change the weight/balance. Not a ve ...

There are various ports on the back of the GH4 that need to be connected to the GCU in order to function. The diagram of those connections are on page 7 of the GH4 manual. Unfortunately, that is the most that I would be able to provide.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/z ... _Manual_v1.6_en.pdf
2016-8-9
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Just in case there is a miscommunication here, what I need is the pin configuration or "pin out" of the port highlighted in this picture. I know it exists in a diagram, it's a matter of if you know who to ask for it and/or whether DJI will allow you to provide it.
2016-8-11
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Not sure that worked so trying again.
Z15 back
2016-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules