Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,
I did a shoot the other day and the producers have come back to me with the news that a large amount of my RAW files are corrupt.
I recall when doing the CineLight transcode that I could see the file thumbnail preview and just assumed they all transcoded ok, then moved on and continued the shoot.

Due to DJI's insistence that we use their locked up software to copy files (and restart my computer EVERY TIME) we have no good method of verifying file integridy.

Attached is a screen grab showing a ton of bad files and the Mac finder inability to show an on-screen preview (tapping space bar).
Also attached is a screen cap of the cinelight interface when I try and add them back in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated to both rescue these thousands of bad files, and prevent this happening again.

Corrupt RAW files

Corrupt RAW files

Cinelight interface

Cinelight interface
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, Matty. What's the firmware version of your X5R? Are all the original DNG corrupted after transcoded via the cinelight?
2016-7-21
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi

I had the same problem. I was not sure if it was my storage disk or the SDD on the X5R. The file was there with the size and all but was corrupted. BUT what I found with a few of them was that when I copied it again over it worked. Sadly I had deleted some of the files already.

Now after upgrading the firmware I have not seen this problem. Not saying its not there since its only about a week since I updated.

A disk error is a big fear of mine both of the production disaster that might happened but also that a disk is really expensive and im not sure how DJI handle broken drives.

I hope it works out for you!!

Rune
2016-7-29
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

RuneWold Posted at 2016-7-29 19:50
Hi

I had the same problem. I was not sure if it was my storage disk or the SDD on the X5R. The file ...

PS: Forgot to say that I found it was usually just the first part of the files like 1/5 of the files in one recording that was broken. I also dont grade in CineLight so its just straight true.
2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules