Phantom 3 Pro Controller just flashes red and beeps
24952 20 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

Hoping to find some help before having to send my controller in for repair.  
Everything was working great and I thought the firmware for both the craft and the controller was up to date, but the app came through saying I needed to update the controller which I did.
My problem came from me thinking another update was necessary after completing the first.  I started the download and realized I was downloading the same file I had just downloaded.
In realizing this, I stopped the download or maybe better stated, "interrupted" the process of the download.
I believe this is where I went wrong and why now my controller doesn't do anything else except flash and beep a red light.
There is no communication from the controller as I see no indication of its transmission in the DJI Go app including no image from the camera.
I called tech support and went through numerous proceedures:
Tried re-linking the controller to the craft... it timed out (tried 3 times).
Tried a hard reset on the controller that was supposed to have reset the firmware back to an earlier version, but apparently didn't work or at least didn't get the issue solved.  Upon starting it after the hard reset, it went right back to flashing red and beeping.  It's like a brick that beeps and flashes that's pretty well useless... and I'm not sure how to get through to it.
I've heard that downgrading to an earlier firmware for both the craft and controller might get through what I'm guessing is a corrupt file from interrupting the download and not allowing the controller to function at all.  I can downgrade the craft, but when trying to reset the controller it doesn't react to anything tried to it.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have a support ticket and hope to hear from the support team soon.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, have you tried connecting your RC with your phone, and in DJI GO, calibrate the RC?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Mike, have you tried to calibrate the RC?
2016-7-18
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-19 14:15
https://youtu.be/w6fCd2gWQzc?list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEB ...

Yes, numerous times, thank you.
2016-7-19
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-19 12:12
Hi, have you tried connecting your RC with your phone, and in DJI GO, calibrate the RC?

Yes but it has no effect on changing anything with the RC.  Thank you.
2016-7-19
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-19 12:12

Yes, numerous times to no avail... thank you.
2016-7-19
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-19 14:15
https://youtu.be/w6fCd2gWQzc?list=PL8-vxWY64sBMWJEB ...

Yes, numerous times thanks
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

meeestermike Posted at 2016-7-19 13:08
Yes, numerous times to no avail... thank you.

Yeah, I understand the frustration. You may consider just sending it to DJI for repair, takes less than 2 weeks, including shipping, for it to get back to you.
2016-7-19
Use props
meeestermike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-20 10:04
Yeah, I understand the frustration. You may consider just sending it to DJI for repair, takes less ...

UPDATE:

I went to the chat support again and tried to get some help thinking the next person would perhaps have more knowledge.  
It turns out that this person (thank you Phantom_sugar!) walked me through resetting the controller and I was able to update it again and I am now hooked back up.
It appears there are different ways to reset the controller using the same buttons.
The first one I tried was where I pressed on four buttons: C1, C2, Video button and "G" button and while holding them all down turn on the controller.  Lol had to put something in my mouth to accomplish that task.  Regardless, it didn't work at all.
The second way worked getting me to where I could try to update again.  
This time while the controller was already on, I pressed C1, C2, the video button and waited to hear a unique sound and then pressed the "G" dial on the right.
This threw the controller and app into the "update required" status.
I then went through the update and everything is back to normal.
I'll be flying later today!!!   Hoorah!!!
Thanks for everyone who tried to help!
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

meeestermike Posted at 2016-7-21 04:23
UPDATE:

I went to the chat support again and tried to get some help thinking the next person would ...

Glad to know it helped
2016-7-21
Use props
fans75b86fa0
New

Australia

What does flashing blue light indicate on RC
2017-12-25
Use props
treybein
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

United States

fans75b86fa0 Posted at 2017-12-25 21:12
What does flashing blue light indicate on RC

Flashing Blue status light on the RC indicates the RC is ready to link to the drone. Assuming we're talking about a phantom 3 rc...
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_pCHf8XXjq6BB
New
Australia

Hi guys.

I know this thread might be a bit old but i am hoping you might help. I just picked up a P3 today new from kogan, after charging the batteries i had a hard time getting to RC to connect to the camera, i did an update and it was good as gold. then when i got up to the park with the kids the camera did not connect again but i still could move the camera and drone and now its beeping and cant connect to drone or camera. i cant re-calibrate the RC, i have tried to reconnect the RC to drone and nothing. I have tried eveything mentioned in this thread and cant get anywhere. Please help   
2019-7-23
Use props
Eopedroza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12260 ft

Mexico

meeestermike Posted at 2016-7-21 00:23
UPDATE:

I went to the chat support again and tried to get some help thinking the next person would perhaps have more knowledge.  

G dial? Were is the G dial? can you explain that most  clear
2020-5-16
Use props
Eopedroza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12260 ft

Mexico

UPDATE:

G dial? Were is the G dial? can you explain that most  clear tnks
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_Ow5fqTrDksLx
New
United States

I have almost the same issue with my P3P RC. It was on the shelf for couple of years. I decided to turn it on and fly. It required updates for the AC and RC. Everything worked fine before the update, I could connect to the AC, enter camera view. The light on the RC was green. The update seemed completed successfully. Now, when I turn the RC on it flashes red light and beeps constantly. I can't enter the camera view, there is no such a button in the DJI Go app. All these steps were performed with my IPhone8 and the latest iOS on it. USB port on the RC works fine, 5V, some maps on it. It just doesn't see my phone any more. Tried all these resets for the RC and combinations. If I try to enter to the downgrade menu in the app, it says N\A everywhere, device not connected and there is no firmware to downgrade. Can DJI help me with that?  
2020-5-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Ow5fqTrDksLx try calibrating the controller (joysticl and gombal dial) there is something in the back of my mind that it can be required after an update.
2020-5-17
Use props
fanse543f211
lvl.2
United States

Eopedroza Posted at 5-16 23:55
G dial? Were is the G dial? can you explain that most  clear

Hi Eopedroza,
I just wanted to apologize for not seeing your post about the "G" dial.   It's been a while and if I remember correctly it was the camera setting dial on the front right near the antennas.  It can be toggled (rolled back and forth) and it can be pushed down.  
At this time I can't remember why I called it the "G" dial unless I was thinking it was the "G"imbal dial, but that is on the front left-hand side as you hold it.  So sorry I can't remember now.  Try the camera settings dial on the top right (don't roll it right or left) press down on it when using the combination of buttons.
2020-5-17
Use props
fanse543f211
lvl.2
United States

Eopedroza Posted at 5-16 23:55
G dial? Were is the G dial? can you explain that most  clear tnks

Hi Eopedroza,
I just wanted to apologize for not seeing your post about the "G" dial.   It's been a while and if I remember correctly it was the camera setting dial on the front right near the antennas.  It can be toggled (rolled back and forth) and it can be pushed down.  
At this time I can't remember why I called it the "G" dial unless I was thinking it was the "G"imbal dial, but that is on the front left-hand side as you hold it.  So sorry I can't remember now.  Try the camera settings dial on the top right (don't roll it right or left) press down on it when using the combination of buttons.
2020-5-17
Use props
dondollar
New
United States

UPDATE:

Good evening, I was wondering if you could please explain to me how you did this?  I have no idea what buttons C1 and the others that you described are.  I am going crazy with trying to do the update on my remote and drone.  The alert says I need to do the update and it won't let me.  
2020-5-18
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dondollar you would benefit from reading the manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.8_en.pdf
pages 8 & 9 are relevant to the buttons. By G dial is the dial on the far RHS of the controller as you normally hold it, it acts as a button as well as a dial
C1 & 2 are the buttons on the underside of the controller, video = button with red dot on top left of the farside of the controller
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules