5936 54 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-7 03:20
Thanks for letting me know.  According to Google docs it should allow it.  I wonder if there is so ...

SD is not encrypted.  Most of my apps from Play Store are on my SD card.  Normal I have the option to install there or later I can move it there via the setting->applications
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-2-7 03:41
SD is not encrypted.  Most of my apps from Play Store are on my SD card.  Normal I have the option ...

Thanks, I can do the same with other apps and my app is attributed to allow it so I suspect that Android might block moving the app because of a permission and my 1st thought is that an unencrypted SD could be seen as a way to break license so Android might be ignoring the attribute over security.  Again, I'm guessing and haven't found anything in support of my theory but I have verified the app is marked with the attribute allowing it to move to SD card so it should work and something is blocking (or overriding) the attribute.

More later.
2015-2-6
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Have you Fixed crash during app startup on some Nexus lollipop 5 ?
2015-2-6
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

Just used for first time. Ran the battery out without warning, although I was timing anyway.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-2-7 04:01
Have you Fixed crash during app startup on some Nexus lollipop 5 ?

Yes, version 1.05 fixes crash on startup.  Android 5 required patched Google License API; you'd think that Google would have know this and patched their license files download.  I guess they didn't.

I cannot say that the app won't crash when motors turn on; that is issue in DJI SDK that affects about 50% Android 5 devices.  Some work and some don't so test for that.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-2-7 05:29
Just used for first time. Ran the battery out without warning, although I was timing anyway.

You ran the batteries out.  Do you have speech on or just screen warnings?  I don't have screen warning for low battery; I figured that red battery icon was sufficient but if you didn't notice that I'll add something more intrusive when battery reaches low level.

Question: I assume the Phantom did a RTH or did it just land?  This setting is in your Assist app but I want to see how people are setting up their Phantoms.

Please let me know how you have the app setup so I can make appropriate changes.
2015-2-6
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-2-7 03:41
SD is not encrypted.  Most of my apps from Play Store are on my SD card.  Normal I have the option ...

Fixed.  I found the issue and the online version (1.06) includes the ability to move the app to the SD card.
2015-2-7
Use props
mikeatlincoln
lvl.2

United States

I purchased an inexpensive Chinese tablet to use as a FPV display. It's a Double Power 7.85 Tablet wifi only and no GPS. I registered it with Google and it shows unrestricted access, same as my Galaxy Note 4. When I tried to load the app I get "No elgible devices for app install". I was able to load the app on the Galaxy. Not sure what's  causing this error. Does the developer put in a list of approved devices or is it Google Play that blocks it?
2015-2-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mikeatlincoln Posted at 2015-2-8 08:26
I purchased an inexpensive Chinese tablet to use as a FPV display. It's a Double Power 7.85 Tablet w ...

Devices are listed based on application requirements; I don't have any 'devices' specifically that I disallow.

Since you mentioned that the device doesn't have GPS I wonder if the app cannot be installed on the device because I have the app marked for ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (in English, high accuracy location).

That's the only thing I can think of that might be the cause based on the information you describe.
2015-2-7
Use props
jtrager.carolin
lvl.3
United States

When I start the app, it seems to not be working on my Samsung S5 phone.  Actually I have had this issue with the last 2 versions I have tried.  I will make another attempt tomorrow, and let you know what happens.  The version I have installed now is 1.06.
2015-2-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jtrager.carolin Posted at 2015-2-8 13:47
When I start the app, it seems to not be working on my Samsung S5 phone.  Actually I have had this i ...

If you could provide a bit more detail; what does "seams not to be working" mean?
2015-2-7
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-2-7 08:14
You ran the batteries out.  Do you have speech on or just screen warnings?  I don't have screen wa ...

Ran fine...i just ran close by until the battery began failing, then I waited for a screen warning which never came. Folks who watch their birds might not glance at the screen....
2015-2-8
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

Unending "unexpected fault" or something like that
2015-2-8
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

2015-2-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-2-9 09:29
Ran fine...i just ran close by until the battery began failing, then I waited for a screen warning ...

The speech system would have said something but you are correct; the current version does not make noise but that is primarily because the DJI SDK doesn't report when the Phantom reaches return to home time.  The call is in the SDK but it only returns an error.  I'll be sure to add something once they get it fixed but in the meantime I'll see what else I can put together to help.
2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules