Fireworks Show From This Weekend
1092 6 2016-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrew56
New

United States

I finally got to shoot one of our fireworks show up close and personal. I learned a lot from this one and the next one will be even better. I had to keep an eye out for anohter drone cruising around but still came out OK.

https://youtu.be/3wsL-AU5Xnw
2016-7-20
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

nice,

you definitely flew in closer than I did this weekend at our local ones. what alt and distance would you estimate from launchers?

The the street shows in the neighbor hood on  the 4th though , I did get up tighter as they didn't have as much shrapnel to knock me out of the sky....
2016-7-20
Use props
andrew56
New

United States

Thanks

My max on that one was 550ft and our biggest shell was 3" which breaks around 400-425ft on average. I was on a weird angle because I was told to stay on the backside of the show so I didn't interfere withe the audience view because it was a private show but i was about 125ft out from the guns. And there was another phantom buzzing around so I had to avoid a collision with him because I had no idea where he was going. He was all over the place. We have another show coming up that I'm going to try to get the right angles because it's a public show. We'll see what happens

2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Great exposure for the fireworks, thank you for sharing. You should put this on SkyPixel as well when you have the chance.
2016-7-20
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

andrew56 Posted at 2016-7-20 17:27
Thanks

My max on that one was 550ft and our biggest shell was 3" which breaks around 400-425ft on a ...

so you must be one of the shooters or with them, its good to know the specs on the artillery your flying about....

I got some nice video but more like 200 yards to one side and about 150-200m . seeing how close you got I will be less gun shy next show I can video.

locally we had 3 really good shows on 16 July for Mt Carmel festival's .
Usually they are NOT same day but this year it worked out I had to pick 1.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job. Could you share some exposure settings with us?
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That's very good for a first shot of firework
2016-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules