2783 6 2016-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get my new Ronin MX gimbal to track free without the copter overriding the pan whenever I yaw left or right.I have all three gimbal modes working, but the free mode is the only one not working right and the most important for our two person set-up.

I am using a new A3 flight controller with Futaba Sbus radio, Ronin MX Gimbal with the supplied radio and also tried with a Futaba Sbus radio. Using the CAN bus cable to connect the Ronin MX to the A3.
I don't use Lightbridge. My video downlink is Connex.
I was flying the A2/Ronin M and they worked pretty well before deciding to upgrade.
I upgraded to the A3 and the Ronin MX because DJI said it was a more stable gimbal because it was getting the feedback from the flight controller.
From the test flights the gimbal is rock solid and does work great, but this control issue is a head scratcher for me.
Cheers

_DSC9570.jpg
2016-7-20
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see DJI just released a firmware upgrade today to address the issue I am having. I will test tomorrow and hopefully it's fixed!
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-7-22 07:19
I see DJI just released a firmware upgrade today to address the issue I am having. I will test tomor ...

The MX is best used with Lightbridge 2. There would be limited assistance that we can provide when 3rd party components are used. Please let us know, however, if the issue persists after updating to the latest firmware and Assistant 2 Software.
2016-7-22
Use props
intocarlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1954400 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I mounted the Ronin on Matrix MX-600, but I'm not control the pitch, pan and roll.
Only mode and reset
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

intocarlo@gmail Posted at 2016-8-9 00:26
Hi, I mounted the Ronin on Matrix MX-600, but I'm not control the pitch, pan and roll.
Only mode and ...

Can you clarify if you're using a dual or single operator set up? Did you set any endpoints on the gimbal? Do you use the SRW-60G with this set up as well?
2016-8-11
Use props
catalin_t_voine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5804455 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello everybody . I have mounted Ronin mx on the M600. I have no control over gimbal with futaba as time as the can cable is plugged in . Only slave lb2 is working.
Is this possible to control the gimbal with futaba when the can cable is plugged in ? Any advice will be very appreciated .
2016-8-11
Use props
brich12003.yaho
lvl.2

I tried that as well because I need a minimum of 12 functioning channels for custom camera rig and A3 platform... but you must disconnect can cable from A3 when using D-bus/Futaba to control gimbal.What I have noticed  since I also have the M600 with 2 -LB2 controllers you have 2 different menus when using the assistant 2 one for M600 and one for DJI A3 users with custom platforms and the menu you see with the M600 has less controllable functions so you may not be seeing the prompt to disconnect  the can cable from A3 and  not seeing the dropdown to select D-bus or LB2 ?  I asked DJI but no answer about future updates .The MX has been  working well with out the can bus connected but you wont have control over gimbal functions in GO app you will have to use assistant to make changes to setting.
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules