No Camera Feed and the fix....
3737 16 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

I used my Inspire this past Friday and it worked fine.  Today I went to go fly the Inspire the following issues happened:  

• Cannot get “Safe To Fly”.  It’s RED with “No Signal”.  
  • I get 5 bars on the GPS but it says “No Signal"
  • No camera video/feed on the iPad
  • No camera movement when trying to pan or tilt
  • At startup, the camera does rotate but stays limp and I can rotate by hand
  • Cannot “reset gimbal”
  • Cannot “format SD” card
  • Cannot Compass Calibrate
  • I can see the battery information
  • I can put it in Travel Mode and Out of Travel Mode

The Fix
I trouble shot it for 45 minutes.  Come to find out, the SD card was corrupt. I took it out just to see if that would fix anything and the video feed came back. I put the SD card back in and same issue. I reformatted the SD using my computer and now it works perfect.

2015-1-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job! Instead of complaining you fixed it by thinking it out and trying to eliminate issues to narrow down the problem. I will have to remember this one. Bad Cards are out there as they are very inexpensive.
2015-1-25
Use props
cyflight
New

United States

I am having a similar issue.  No video feed and always says "No Signal".  I did format the card with the remote.  Didnt help.  I will try with my computer.  Question, if you format the card, is the firmware still in the inspire?  Where is data held??
2015-1-25
Use props
cyflight
New

United States

Screenshot_2015-01-19-18-17-03_resized.png
2015-1-25
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

try to format with your computer.  Each time I tried to format within the Inspire (only during this issue), it said failed.  But my screen looked exactly like yours.  If you take out the SD card and power up, do you have the same video feed issue?
2015-1-25
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

try to format with your computer.  Each time I tried to format within the Inspire (only during this issue), it said failed.  But my screen looked exactly like yours.  If you take out the SD card and power up, do you have the same video feed issue?
2015-1-25
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

2015-1-25
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

when this problem happened, can u see the ISO, EV value etc.?
2015-1-26
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

airymok Posted at 2015-1-26 16:54
when this problem happened, can u see the ISO, EV value etc.?

no.  it was almost like the camera wasn't installed.  Couldn't access the shutter/iso function either
2015-1-26
Use props
jebryant10.emai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

This happened to me on Saturday and and I looked at my pre flight check list and I forgot to connect my iPad to the controller with the USB cable. I connected the two and the problem was fixed. A pre flight check list is very important.
2015-1-26
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

what's in ur SD card before? firmware inside? anything else?
2015-1-26
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

airymok Posted at 2015-1-26 20:33
what's in ur SD card before? firmware inside? anything else?

no, i shot some still photos on friday and that was it.  it was the same card that came with the Inspire.
2015-1-26
Use props
hleitner.email
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue. My gimbal is royally tight to install, so I thought it was the Gimbal connection. It is very difficult to get the Gimbal ring to lock ...tolerances seem too tight.

I took out the SD card, and the "No Signal" disappeared. Put SD Card back in, did an SD card format (had 2 do it twice), and now it works

Anyone else have the super tight Gimbal lock issue?

Thanks for the thread and help
2015-1-26
Use props
jzjuninho
New
Flight distance : 62904 ft

Brazil

I have the same problem.

Video link:
2015-3-2
Use props
mbelart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58576759 ft
Chile

I have the same problem, how do you fix?
2015-3-15
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I had an issue very similar to this one at my second time using the camera.
No video feed but i could move and tilt the camera just fine.

Checked with another Inspire and remote at my local dealer and the camera had the same behaviour on his Inspire too.

Checked the connection and did everything Dji support told me, including unscrew the connector board and make a sure the connection with the Inspire is good.

It ended up by sending the camera back to Dji for replacement.
Waiting for a new one to arrive, i hope soon.
2015-3-15
Use props
mbelart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58576759 ft
Chile

I probe all, put the camera and control of my I1 on another i1 and worked properly ... but by using my camera and control of my neightbor in  my I1 ... the problem persisted .
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules