Live HD Broadcast
905 4 2016-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clegrow
lvl.1

Canada

Hey,

A client as requested that we provide live HD aerials of a sporting event.  The plan was to use two remotes, master for pilot with camera image on Ipad and slave for HDMI output to broadcaster mixing board (hard wire HDMI mini to regular HDMI).  The mixing board will be located in a production truck 25 ft away.

Anyone have experience with live HD broadcasting?  Any advise or things I should be aware of?

Thanks,

c

2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That will work just fine as long as the pilot can only have camera controls. The 5.8 data signal won't go that far for camera control in the truck.
If it were me and it's a sporting event I'd have a camera man too. Use a 3rd RC for HDMI out in the truck.
2016-7-21
Use props
clegrow
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-21 13:36
That will work just fine as long as the pilot can only have camera controls. The 5.8 data signal won ...

Thanks Ken.

When you say 5.8, is that the frequency that the video is transmitted between the drone and the controller or between controllers (master feeding slave the video feed)?  

One option we looked at is keeping the slave remote close, but on a sturdy pole to give it height and hopefully better range.

As for the camera operator, it is not really necessary in this case as we are filming a rowing race.  low and slow, buddy.  Plus i would need to buy a third controller and I don't want to do that quite yet.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

clegrow Posted at 2016-7-22 00:51
Thanks Ken.

When you say 5.8, is that the frequency that the video is transmitted between the dro ...

the video and RC control is 2.4. The Inspire RC also has a 5.8 low power RX/TX built into them (also a GPS) for the master/slave to talk to each other for camera control.
The slave and up to 5 more RC's get the 2.4 video directly from the aircraft.
Since you don't need camera control you won't be using the 5.8 on the slave and it doesn't matter how far the master/slave are from each other, it only matters how far they are from the aircraft. So since you'll be in a pretty interference free area (water) then you could even have the slave a few miles away from the aircraft and still have crystal clear video from the HDMI module. And again since you are not controlling the camera with the slave it doesn't matter how far apart the RC's are.
2016-7-21
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,
2 weeks ago I worked on tv plan and provided live video from rc's hdmi via transcoder (Decimator hdmi to sdi) to ob van. Using sdi or better opical connection you may stay more then 100m away.
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules