Looking for Telephoto or different focal length?
1618 8 2016-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a photo-fetus so I'm not familiar with any aspect of photography but my P4 has gotten me interested.  Certain situations require a closer view of an object to properly capture the shot you want - such as the moon rising.   I've been looking for alternate lenses but have had a very hard time finding anything other than filters.  

I did come across this and wondered if anyone had used this lens.  - http://ragecams.com/shop/phantom43-lenses-c-90.html

It's the ONLY thing I can find.  If anyone has a link to other products I would be very appreciative!  
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI recommends not tampering with the aircraft. Any modifications may void the warranty.
2016-7-21
Use props
TheRann4u
lvl.4

United States

looks like it would add load to gimbal motor...yikes!!!
2016-7-21
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I don't think so.  You take the DJI lens out and replace with this one.  Fits in the place of the stock lens.
2016-7-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is important to understand that the Phantom camera is carefully balanced so the gimbal can do its job. So if you add extra weight to the front of the camera using another lens, this can affect the gimbal operation. Those lenses are sold in lots of places and what is not explained is that there is a fair amount of work in changing the lens, and you need to be skilled in doing so.

Also, a longer focal length lens can mean very shaky pictures, because the ability of the gimbal to steady the shot is tailored to the size of the standard lens.

In simple terms, if you want a closer shot, then fly closer to the subject. That might be a bit hard with the moon though....
2016-7-21
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yeah - not holding my breath for a rocket powered quad anytime soon!  I watched the replacement several times on YouTube, not to difficult.  I guess tinkering with FPV 250 racers has lead me to tinkering with the P4.  It's in my nature.   
2016-7-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If money is no object of reserve bids... ;-)

Hasselblad and DJI announce 50MP medium-format drone kit

The first product of the collaboration between Chinese drone maker DJI and Swedish medium-format camera manufacturer Hasselblad will be a long range drone fitted with the same 50MP CMOS sensor that is used in a number of current medium-format cameras, including the new X1D mirrorless camera.

What the companies are calling a ‘fully integrated aerial photography platform’ will combine DJI’s industrial Matrice 600 drone with Hasselblad’s recent A5D aerial camera. The camera, which has no moving parts of its own, will come with an adapted HC 50mm F3.5 lens that has its focus set to infinity. When used with the 50c sensor the lens offers a view similar to that which we would expect from a 42mm lens on a 35mm system camera.

DJI’s M600 can carry a maximum of 6kg/13.2lb which the company says means it can carry the Hasselblad A5D and a Ronin-MX gimbal 'with ease' – together the camera, lens and gimbal will weigh just over 4kg/8.95lb.

As both products are already on sale the bundle deal is available now priced $25,999/€24,400/¥189,999 (Chinese yuan) – all before tax. The UK price has yet to be announced. For more information see the Hasselblad and the DJI websites – below are a couple of official samples from Hasselblad.

ISO 100, F6.3, 1/500sec

ISO 100, F4.5, 1/800sec
Press release:

DJI and Hasselblad introduce first joint aerial photography package
First fully integrated aerial photography platform combines DJI’s M600 with Hasselblad’s A5D.

DJI and Hasselblad today announced a fully integrated high-end aerial camera-platform bundle made up of Hasselblad’s aerial medium format camera A5D and DJI’s professional flying platform M600.

The A5D-M600 bundle is the first joint product following DJI’s recent investment in Hasselblad. The combination of the M600 and the A5D provides users with today’s most advanced aerial optics and sensors integrated with one of the world’s most reliable aerial platforms. In addition, the two companies are looking at additional joint products for the future.

‘Combining best-in-class aerial optics with the world’s most powerful aerial platform is a natural development for DJI and Hasselblad. We are delighted to provide this unique bundle to professional photographers, surveyors and mappers’, said Perry Oosting, CEO of Hasselblad.’

DJI’s M600 is designed for maximum performance and smart flight safety. The M600 is fully compatible with DJI’s advanced gimbal system the Ronin-MX. It comes fully equipped with 6 intelligent batteries, A3 flight controller, Lightbridge 2 Professional HD transmission system, a dust-proof propulsion system and powerful app control.

Hasselblad’s A5D camera combines the world’s best optics and sensors with a modern, compact design. The sensors are almost twice the size of those used in today’s best 35 mm DSLR cameras and the A5D lens comes in 50 mm.

Hasselblad’s Natural Colour Solution (HNCS) comes standard and helps optimize difficult color gradations straight out of the box. The A5D has a strong seal on the camera body and sensor unit preventing dust in the optical system.

RedHotPoker
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

3rd party lens can have different weight and change the center or gravity, so the gimbal will have a difficult time. It may work for a while ,but eventually the life time of gimbal will be shortened.

You can consider Inspire with recently released Z3 camera, it has 3.5X optical zoom.
2016-7-21
Use props
TheRann4u
lvl.4

United States

The Roach Posted at 2016-7-22 07:38
Yeah - not holding my breath for a rocket powered quad anytime soon!  I watched the replacement seve ...

Please Share if you do take on the lens challenge. I like to think outside the box also!!
2016-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules