Can't fly higher than 167 feet! No beginner mode
1359 6 2016-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin_mc_lean
New

United States

I'm having issues in ATTI mode (I haven't tried GPS mode yet) where it won't let me go higher than 167 feet.  I DO NOT have beginner mode on, so I'm not sure why it's limiting my height.  Any ideas/suggestions?  I'm assuming there's another setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what firmware version you're currently on?
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello colin_mc_lean, the limited altitude of beginner mode is 30 meters. Did the drone record a home point at the beginning? You can post a screenshot of this flight record here.
2016-7-21
Use props
NEP_I1RAW
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 13:01
Could you clarify what firmware version you're currently on?

I'm on the most recent firmware, 1.09.01.30.  One thing I haven't done yet though is an IMU calibration (forgot to do so after firmware update).  Maybe this will help, I'll report back when I get the chance.
2016-7-22
Use props
NEP_I1RAW
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-21 23:44
Hello colin_mc_lean, the limited altitude of beginner mode is 30 meters. Did the drone record a home ...

I don't think it recorded a home location, but I'll double check and get back to you.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

NEP_I1RAW Posted at 2016-7-22 22:43
I don't think it recorded a home location, but I'll double check and get back to you.

If it doesn't record a homepoint, the altitude will be limited to 50 meters. You can check this flight when you reach the flight record page.
2016-7-24
Use props
NEP_I1RAW
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-25 10:39
If it doesn't record a homepoint, the altitude will be limited to 50 meters. You can check this fl ...

That definitely makes sense.  I was deep in some woods and only had a couple satellite signals.  I checked the flight data and it did not record a homepoint.  Thanks for everyones help!  I've flown it since (with homepoints recorded and it works just fine flying high).
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules