15854 88 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-7-30 03:01
Thanks! I never hard landed the Phantom, I always hand landing ;)

Sounds good,  have a great weekend.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-7-29 12:30
Have a great weekend with nice flights to you as well!

Thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated.
2016-7-29
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-1 09:36
Hi folks!

during the weekend I tested my P3ADV after the unplug/plug suggestion given in this thre ...

Only had one go at the weekend but everything's OK here too so far
2016-8-1
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-30 00:15
Well in that case the ribbon cable just needed to be firmly pushed back in. Maybe there were some h ...

Ken,

So, with the current heat here in the Northeast, I've been seeing some video drop outs, but not lag. (1.8.8 on aircraft, 1.6 on RC and 2.8.1 on iPad Mini 2 and 2.8.5 on iPhone).  I've been partly chalking this up to heat, but beginning to wonder.  No change to hardware, same remote, same bird, etc. and didn't start happening until recently.  Shouldn't "auto" on bitrate adjust accordingly, or would you suggest dropping to lowest.  These are not especially high interference areas and will try unplugging and plugging gimbal cables (why not??)  :-)  Should I have decode on or off?  Clear cache? ..  Seems to be somewhat distance related though as well, as when I get within say 500 ft of home (after I've had video drops on screen) it locks in.. I do notice occasional "Video Signal Weak" messages, but again these are known flight locations that never had issue.  Captured Video is fine, and no other "wireless devices" nearby or apps running concurrently..  Just looking for things to try..  Thanks.

Jay S.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-1 22:09
Ken,

So, with the current heat here in the Northeast, I've been seeing some video drop outs, but  ...

You can try decode on/off and see what works better for you. And next time it does that, switch to custom and manually choose a channel and lower the bitrate. And yes, Auto still adjusts the bitrate.
2016-8-1
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 22:41
You can try decode on/off and see what works better for you. And next time it does that, switch to ...

Ken,

Thanks will try..  Also have a 300A and 300B RC so can try both of those as well. "Could" heat cause any drop outs?  I mean between ambient and any flight time, things could get a bit warm up there.  Someone posted this as "their" solution, which also seems like it could have an impact..  Thoughts??

http://uavdoc.com/2016/phantom-3-advanced-video-lag-fixed/7/

Jay S.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-2 04:24
Ken,

Thanks will try..  Also have a 300A and 300B RC so can try both of those as well. "Could" he ...

Yes, heat can be a factor as well.
The aircraft operating temp range is 0°C to 40°C
2016-8-1
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-2 04:49
Yes, heat can be a factor as well.
The aircraft operating temp range is 0°C to 40°C

Well, with ambient being north of 95 F.. flying in bright sun... Can't help.. and I don't think that small fan (on Pro) can eliminate that much..  Thanks..  Will report back..  Any thoughts on that link showing some increased heat dissipation.  I realize could have warranty implications..
2016-8-1
Use props
wntmldrs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft

My first weeks with the P3P were great. Then I started to have video problems, just minor. So I swept devices, from AIR 2 to Nexus 7 II, even a Nexus 7 I and I experienced on and off video problems, mostly during the first flight of the day. Sometimes it was the weather, some times I left wifi on, sometimes there were others app in the background. So I decided, to be on the safe side, whenever I started a flying sessions I always tilt the camera quickly up and down and so I could see if the picture followed or not. If it didn't follow, I did a full shutdown and started again until I had a fluent transmission. After reading the above I think the source must be the source of the picture : the camera assembly. So unplugging refreshes whatever bad connection there might have been and could be the solution.
Anyway tomorrow my bird is coming back from his crack treatment and must have been completely taken apart, and measured and calibrated. So if the video problem is gone I catch two flies with one stroke.
Now I'm double curious. But it explaines how fiddling with the remote and tablet was not curing nothing.
2016-8-1
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-1 04:36
Hi folks!

during the weekend I tested my P3ADV after the unplug/plug suggestion given in this thre ...

Thanks for sharing your solution guys!!

Could you be more detailed about that?? If I've understood well I should remove and plug in again the 2 connectors between gimbal and aircraft. But how to do that?
Should I dismount the gimbal from the aircraft (removing the rubber dumbers) or without removing gimbal?
Moreover, when do you do this? With OFF or ON?

Thanks for sharing!

Fabio
2016-8-1
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-2 04:47
Hi Fabio,

if you go few post before (1st page starting from post 28th) there's the explanation.  ...

Yes I red that post!!

But noe it's really clear! Didn't know I could remove gimbal so easy!!

Thank you!
2016-8-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Fabio Dell Posted at 2016-8-2 10:47
Yes I red that post!!

But noe it's really clear! Didn't know I could remove gimbal so easy!! {:4_ ...

I managed to disconnect/reconnect wires using a pair of long nosed tweezers without having to remove gimbal.
2016-8-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Fabio Dell Posted at 2016-8-2 17:47
Yes I red that post!!

But noe it's really clear! Didn't know I could remove gimbal so easy!! {:4_ ...

Fabio..

The video does a good job of showing you how to get the clips off the pins (there are two on opposite corners).  I suggest being a bit more gentle with the camera though than that person is.  ;-)  The hardest part is spreading the circular clips to get them off the pins.  I use a technique where I slide the circular clip back down the pin about half way, then raise one side by pushing up and lower the other by pushing down (I'm talking about the circular clip).  Rotate the clip 90 degrees and repeat.  The clip should now slide pretty easily off the pin.  From there the rubber dampers are really easy to get out.. the wires should likewise unclip and then clip back in easily.  As someone said, you should also be able to get to them with thin needle nose pliers and carefully take then off then back on..
2016-8-2
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-4 20:32
Update  

I've flew 3 more batteries withou any lag.

so are you on 1.8.60 fw version now ? before you update

thanks
2016-8-4
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-4 20:32
Update  

I've flew 3 more batteries withou any lag.

Mines still OK
2016-8-5
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-5 03:27
so are you on 1.8.60 fw version now ? before you update

I assume reconnecting cables hasn't worked for you?
2016-8-5
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-5 10:20
I assume reconnecting cables hasn't worked for you?

no not for me
2016-8-5
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-8-5 17:27
ok, to wrap up, after the unplug/plug of the cables:

I flew 10 batteries with fw 1.8.80 and DJI GO  ...

glad you got sorted/flying again,

hoped it would work for me but not to be
2016-8-5
Use props
thomasneumann10
lvl.1

United States

Glad this has worked!!!

Now i need more things to film (that i am actually flying for the first time)

Cheers
2016-8-5
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RE: Video Transmission Lag [Situation Update]

Got the P3A out on Friday and the video transmission delay issue had returned. Disconnected and reconnetced cbales again and the issue was cured once more, note that cables were seated before doing this.

2016-9-12
Use props
Zala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2591499 ft
Malaysia

Hi there,
I have experienced similar issue and I found this article which I believe make sense.
http://uavdoc.com/2016/phantom-3-advanced-video-lag-fixed/7/
I followed the instruction and solved the problem even to the extend that I purposely left it running (to produce heat) hot and no more lag issue.
Good luck
2016-12-4
Use props
IlanP
New
Flight distance : 20128 ft
Israel

Dear All,

I have also had video lag problems with my Phantom 3 Advanced, although relatively new ( 4 months ) the video lag has been with it from the start, however not consistent, and recently god really bad, up to 5 seconds which made it extremely difficult to fly - FPV.

After reading your great post, and do exactly the same i am happy to report the problem was COMPLETELY FIXED !!!
I did not have to take the gimbal off, i used a pair of small screwdrivers to unplug and re plug the three sockets that were attached to the gimbal, and lo and behold the problem was gone complete, so my advise to all having the same problem, don't hesitate and don't wait, if you have the same problem you must "refresh" your connector ASAP as you may find it impossible to land when it gets really worse.

So thanks again, and look no further, the problem was gimbal connectors, the fixing it is easy
2017-4-30
Use props
maverick5257
lvl.2
Flight distance : 637388 ft
Italy

I also think that I have fixed to unplug and re plug the three sockets that were attached to the gimbal,  but now, which firmware are you using for the RC and DJI Go app?
Thank's
2017-5-6
Use props
fansf8a52168
New
Flight distance : 181129 ft
United States

I too did the fix suggested on http://uavdoc.com/2016/phantom-3-advanced-video-lag-fixed/7/.  I have flown a couple of times since with no problems.  Then again, I had to unplug & reconnect the cables to do this upgrade.  
I was flying down in Southern Utah (fairly warm) and I had a total lockup of the video portion of the downlink.  I had already been researching this problem but had not put in the heat transfer pads yet.  I wish I had remembered to try the disconnection/re-connection solution.  It would have been a perfect scenario for a test.
2017-7-29
Use props
Bradair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26637 ft
Kuwait

I'm having the same issue. I'm been going back and forth with support and at the end they asked me to send it in....its frustrating to hear I have faulty product after spending so much on it...
2017-8-17
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Well I have having a huge lag on my video... Did the whole search thing on the interwebs and I land on this thread. I reseated my two connectors and viola... The test flight I just did had no issue.  I am thining that the chap who did the heat sink-pad-what ever fixed his problem since he had taken the camera off and disconnected and connected them 2 pesky connectors. They must have used some cheap connectors and there is come corrosion, By reseating them "cleans" the pins. too bad they didn't use gold plated connectors pins...

Anyway this worked for me!
2017-12-6
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

this is definately a "DJI" issue they have yet to release an apology or corrected action it sux!
2017-12-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-12-6 11:30
this is definately a "DJI" issue they have yet to release an apology or corrected action it sux!

Why would they release an apology for? Just unplug the connectors and plug them back in. Simple... MyI P3A is 2 1/2 years old, has plenty of flight time on it. This is just maintenance... Are you the type who only puts gas into your car?
2017-12-7
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2017-12-7 09:16
Why would they release an apology for? Just unplug the connectors and plug them back in. Simple... MyI P3A is 2 1/2 years old, has plenty of flight time on it. This is just maintenance... Are you the type who only puts gas into your car?

You have nothing to offer so stay in the basement! Level up then come talk to me rookie!
2017-12-8
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-12-8 07:57
You have nothing to offer so stay in the basement! Level up then come talk to me rookie!

What??? Like your insight asking for DJI to apologize for maintenance?

Rookie ...LOL
2017-12-10
Use props
fans3eeca0c5
lvl.1
Canada

Will flying in cold weather make the video lag?
2019-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans3eeca0c5 Posted at 2-23 18:00
Will flying in cold weather make the video lag?

No. The weather temperature has nothing to do with video lag. Best to go back and read the comments from page 1, there is a fair amount of explanation.
2019-2-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules