Phantom 4 Serviced? Horizon issue DJI Repair UPDATE
3746 74 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-26 01:51
I sent my brand new one in the 1st time for drops, horizon issues and noisy camera and received some ...

We're very sorry about your case. This really isn't supposed to happen. DJI is a company growing very fast and is working hard to improve its customer service. There is tremendous amount of progress compared with say, two years ago.  But inevitably, unpleasant things may happen sometimes, that's why we're here to help.

Next time if you or your friend encountered unpleasant experience like this, please feel free to post on the forum, and we're happy to help.

2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

Hi, if you calibrated everything and still doesn't work, please email support@dji.com and send it in for a repair. Thank you.
2016-7-27
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-28 10:01
Glad to hear u got it n all is well... and you a right, to much bad, not enough good being said... n ...

I don't mean to criticize anyone who not is able at the time to say anything positive. I know how frustrating it has been with altitude drops, blurred photo and video, tilted horizon.  Sure the P4 has had, for some, a problematic start, especially when I compare it with my P3P which had no issues. But its probably human nature to get the help, get it sorted, then scarper without saying "thanks" until there is a next time which can perpetuate  a negative atmosphere in the forum and a bad impression on the company and its product. I'm sure if there were a "Positive Forum" where every happy customer shared their joy, there would be far more posts than there are here.
2016-7-28
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-28 03:49
We're very sorry about your case. This really isn't supposed to happen. DJI is a company growing v ...

I did post on the forum when this first started. Palin replyed asking for more info. I replied but never got a response in return.

What I cant understand is why both my original craft and the replacement craft came back with an invoice showing parts that was identified as repaired or the problem, it did not say anything about swapping out crafts. When I opened a chat to ask why I got a different craft they replied " you received a differnt craft because it was more cost effetive and a time saver instead of repairing". Then I called and spoke with a person and they told me the reason why the serial number was different is because they replaced the board. My answer to that was , if the board was replaced what does that have to do with the craft I received being damaged and the serial number differnent. If an internal part was replaced the serial number on the shell should have stayed the same, or am I mistaken on that part? It did not make sense to me. Eventually someone called me back after I escalated and found that I was sent someone elses droane that went in for repair in error. They immediately recognized that and asked that I send it back and a new one was sent to me when they receive it. I was pleased at that point but then I tested it and found it had the same problems as my brand new one plus I had additional issues. Again, you guys did great with trying to help. I was sent a 2 day shipping notice and sent it back in for repair.

At this point the craft was at the facility for 5 days, thats fine no problem. If it takes longer to get it fixed I am okay with that, all I want is it to be fixed I wasnt to worried on the length of time.

I received it back. Opened it up and the invoice showed quite a few parts/descriptions of what I thought was a list of parts replaced, but it never said it was replaced or serviced in writing. The 1st thing I checked was the serial number and it was a differnt one. No where on the invoice or the site did it say replaced. I tested it and the horizon was still off a bit and the altitude reading was off by a few feet. The camera noise was no longer there. I sent it in for drops, horizon, altitude reading off and camera noise. So now all I have is the horizon issues and saw the altitude reading off 2 times so far. I havent flown it much due to weather.

This brings me back to my origianl question. Why would I get an invoice that does not say replaced? Why would the site show the serial of the craft I sent in as the same one being sent back but receive a differnt one?

I am more frustrated with it saying one thing on paper and receiving something different. If thats the process great I am glad that DJI does what they can to make the customers happy. I am disappointed a bit because its almost like lieing about it. If it has to be replaced so be it then that is what needs to be done. According to the invoice the parts cost a few hundred bucks if that. How is it cost effective to replace a $1400 craft than replacing parts that cost a few hundred? Maybe the time it takes to repair is more expensive and sending a different one will come out less? I am not even sure if its brand new or refurbished. It looks new, with the exception of it being really dirty, I am assuming from the tech testing it. The landing feet was black and there were smudges all over it and what appeared to be adhesive in between the seams of the shell. I cleaned it up and everything came off.

It all boils down to this. I had a brand new one for 30 days. Between shipping back and forth it has been longer than that. I dont know if what I have is new or refurb. I am afraid to send it back just because I may get another one with different issues.
2016-7-28
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-28 08:48
I did post on the forum when this first started. Palin replyed asking for more info. I replied but ...

You're preaching to the choir with me. I've had an eerily similar run of events. All I know is when I started collecting and posting more and more supporting information like you are starting to do, I kept getting banned instead of helped. Best of luck with your situation and everyone else on here that's been reincarnated on the forums and just looking for a functional unit. And again to the OP, glad you are satisfied with the level of support you received. Hope the unit holds up well beyond the warranty cutoff.
2016-7-28
Use props
fred.higton
lvl.1

United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-27 18:23
I agree. If I had something positive to say I would have. All I can state are the facts and it was ...

Didn't you post a rather long post on this thread not long ago? I mean, I know you did because I was replying to it and when I hit submit it failed because it doesn't exist any longer. Did you remove it or did it go poof?
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I have had exactly the same issue with my first Phantom 4, and it was sent it for repairs.

Here is the result:

Post Update
2016-7-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Is the fix a hardware only fix?  or can we use some software patch to adjust it?

Honestly, mine has some slight tilt too since day 1, it's a little bit worse recently, but I do not make professional type videos and my friends love the videos as is.
2016-7-28
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

I just really do hope that there is a software patch or something! I mean mine came from the repair, they have replaced the gimbal with a new one, and it still does this.

Love all my P4's I just want to get this one sorted, in fact, I have 4 of them!

2016-7-28
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

MMMCCCXXXIII Posted at 2016-7-28 23:41
I just really do hope that there is a software patch or something! I mean mine came from the repair, ...

That's video looks very strange indeed. Have you sent this video to DJI?
2016-7-28
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-28 22:06
Is the fix a hardware only fix?  or can we use some software patch to adjust it?

Honestly, mine has ...

In my experience I have no idea when they did the gimbal is certainly the same and all the receipt said was "service".
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-28 19:31
That's video looks very strange indeed. Have you sent this video to DJI?

I did, also contacted the DJI Netherlands again, because it was serviced there. Awaiting for any information! I absolutely love the Phantom 4 model, and when it behaves like that, it's just makes me really sad...
2016-7-28
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

multikopteri Posted at 2016-7-29 00:45
I did, also contacted the DJI Netherlands again, because it was serviced there. Awaiting for any in ...

how recently did you send it in for repairs?
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-28 23:12

It was sent in by the local dealer, on 7-th of July.

But I got it back from the DJI Netherlands  just a couple of days ago.

Probably a bad compass, or IMU.
2016-7-28
Use props
multikopteri
lvl.2
Latvia

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-28 23:12

By the way, I'm really jealous when looking at your video, in a good way though!
2016-7-28
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
United States

fred.higton@gma Posted at 2016-7-28 09:36
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

No. It is there. Page 2.
2016-7-28
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Yes there is a page 2. your post is on it??
2016-7-29
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-28 15:40
Does the new one perform well?   

Seems to now. Better at least.
2016-7-30
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

MMMCCCXXXIII Posted at 2016-7-28 11:41
I just really do hope that there is a software patch or something! I mean mine came from the repair, ...

Just curious. Why do you have 4 of them?
2016-7-30
Use props
MMMCCCXXXIII
lvl.2
Latvia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-31 10:04

Well, it's an addiction! My first Phantom 4 had a defective gimbal, so it was sent in for repairs to DJI. I just couldn't wait for it to be repaired, so I bought my second unit! The third unit was purchased as a gift to my relative, but he's just too afraid to fly it, and said I should keep it for now! The fourth unit was purchased as a backup, because I got a very good deal on it. Flying since early 2012, so I've got a big fleet here! But the Phantom 4 is getting all the love from me, and it's a winner!

P.S the first Phantom 4 I purchased is still to be sent in for repairs again, so I'm pretty happy I decided to get another one.

2016-7-31
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Reading so many comments regarding horizontal shift etc etc makes ask simply: Are the units flight tested at all before sending?

And furthermore, there's nothing new about the company. There's all these previous models. Original Phantom, 2, many versions of the 3...and now the 4.

Seems the common problems would be sorted by now.
2016-7-31
Use props
mikrosoftuk
New

I have just sent Dji a support email because I'm worried mine has the same fault and as the gimbal only has 6m warranty i want it sorted.

2016-8-1
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

mikrosoftuk@sky Posted at 2016-8-1 18:36
I have just sent Dji a support email because I'm worried mine has the same fault and as the gimbal o ...

I didn't realise that it had only a 6 month warranty. However your issue does not look as severe as mine was. I was out yesterday with my P4 and it was windy and very briefly got results like the ones you have posted.

I'm pretty sure that there needs to be a firmware update that will have to correct this. There are many people with horizon issues, not a severe as mine before servicing.  I was not able to take reasonable footage before sending it in to DJI. So perhaps sit tight and wait for an update?

2016-8-1
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-8-1 11:57
I didn't realise that it had only a 6 month warranty. However your issue does not look as severe a ...

I am going to wait for a firmware solution also as my Phantom flies great besides the tilt issue.

I have found that powering the drone on a very level surface before take off minimizes the tilting. I have found the gimbals preferred manual setting of -1.7 will hold the gimbal in a more horizontal position when flying that is acceptable for video footage.
2016-8-1
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-1 01:08
Reading so many comments regarding horizontal shift etc etc makes ask simply: Are the units flight t ...
I thought the same thing before purchasing... 'P3 is pretty stable, so P4 has to be an even more stable platform...'
2016-8-2
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-31 15:04

I'm guessing from the lack of response to my last post you have no clue what DJI is doing either. But wondering why someone has 4 drones is more important. Smh

DJI did respond to my question and according to them my drone has a different serial number because they replaced parts for the gimbal/camera and that the origianl serial number is binded to the new serial number lol. Thats sounds like smoke being blown up where the sun doesn't shine.

Why would the serial number on the craft itself change because an internal part was replaced? I know for a fact its not the same craft.

It's amazing when you get 3 different people from the same company give you 3 different answer's or reasons why something happened. Then you wonder why a poor rating was giving on the survey.

2016-8-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-8-3 07:06
I'm guessing from the lack of response to my last post you have no clue what DJI is doing either.  ...

I've had the same issues.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

st pauli Posted at 2016-8-3 23:08
I've had the same issues. Multiple employees claiming they sent a brand new unit when it was actua ...

Hi, when did this happen?  Did you take a picture when you received it in that kind of condition?
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-8-3 20:06
I'm guessing from the lack of response to my last post you have no clue what DJI is doing either.  ...

I'm very sorry, I honestly didn't notice your post on #44, when I see this kind of complaint, I usually ask and log them.

DJI is developing, so is its customer service. We're still improving our service to bring satisfiying exeperience to an increasing number of users around the world. Regarding your issue, it does seem there's a lack of communication about certain policies in the department. Would you please tell me whe you received the drone back for the last time?  If you would want to give us another chance, or assist us to avoid similar incidents, can you also leave me your RMA number(the latest one) in the comment? (I'll delete it later).

Thank you for being a customer with us. I sincerely apologize about your unhappy experience.
2016-8-3
Use props
mikrosoftuk
New

st pauli Posted at 2016-8-3 22:08
I've had the same issues. Multiple employees claiming they sent a brand new unit when it was actua ...

This has me worried about sending my 2 month old P4 back to Netherlands for the gimbal tilt repair i don't want someone elses beaten up machine i want mine back.
they have sent me a form to fill in but I'm going on holiday this week so will hold off until after that.
2016-8-4
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

mikrosoftuk@sky Posted at 2016-8-4 16:01
This has me worried about sending my 2 month old P4 back to Netherlands for the gimbal tilt repair ...

I was worried about getting an old p4 due to the comments but my exact aircraft came back to me and the horizon tilt is no more, plus it was very quick.
2016-8-4
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

mikrosoftuk@sky Posted at 2016-8-4 16:01
This has me worried about sending my 2 month old P4 back to Netherlands for the gimbal tilt repair ...

I was worried about getting an old p4 due to the comments but my exact aircraft came back to me and the horizon tilt is no more, plus it was very quick.
2016-8-4
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 02:33
Hi, when did this happen?  Did you take a picture when you received it in that kind of condition?

Yes, I have photo albums, documentation.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

st pauli Posted at 2016-8-4 23:20
Yes, I have unboxing videos, photo albums, documentation out the wazoo. More on the last few birds ...

I'm truly sorry about your experience. Can you provide me your most recent RMA number and your email in the reply? (I'll delete them after I see them) Also, hope they are at least within two month, issues too far back in time will be more difficult to investigate.

About deleting posts, I myself never do it other than ads or profane language. My suggestion is to keep language calm and close to point(which you does), not spamming or fuming the same issue over dozens of posts.
2016-8-4
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 14:47
I'm very sorry, I honestly didn't notice your post on #44, when I see this kind of complaint, I usu ...

I appreciate what you are saying. Please accept my apologies if you feel Im out of line. I just have been so frustrated and I let my anger get the best of me. I am trying to understand and be patient but I felt I was lied to by support and it lead me to responed in a manner I would not appreciate if I was to get that from one of my customers. My current case # is 329273.

I felt what I was told was not accurate and didn't feel like they were being honest. Things just dont seem to add up, maybe I am wrong but with the last 2 cases I was told 2 different stories before I got a call from a manager and told me what actually happened.
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules