Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ilariavecchio03
lvl.1

Italy

hi dji-jamie,
i've a ronin -mx and i can activate.
i get the Dji Gimbal assistant v2.4 on my MAC OS X 10.8.5
i plug the usb from ronin and even if i can see all the parts in the upgrade section,(the IMU is on 0.0 firmware and it tells to upgrade on v2.2)
and even if in the info section the  DEVICE ACTIVATION window pop-up , the ACTIVATE button is no aviable and no status is showed.

early i tryed on a mac os x 10.6, same assistant software but plugging the usb nothing appeared in the upgrade or info section.

is the os x 10.8.5 too old to manage the Ronin MX activation?
do i have to upgrade the IMU firmware from 0.0 to 2.2 early to be able to activate?
maybe the Gimbal Assistat software v2.3 was better for my MAC? where i can get that version?

hope to see y soon couse i need to work with my Ronin MX
thanks. ilaria
2016-7-23
Use props
ilariavecchio03
lvl.1

Italy

these some pic from the assistant
GIMBAL03.jpg
GIMBAL02.jpg
GIMBAL01.jpg
2016-7-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on the information provided, you should update your operating system to version 10.9 or higher in order to properly run the Assistant Software. You should be fine activating prior to a firmware update, but updating the fimrware would not hurt.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
2016-7-25
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>

I can´t activate my new MX due to no connection to Android app or PC.  Having tried 4 different devices that is working with my other Dji systems.
The ronin is on the pairing page on the android devices but ronin assistant can not find it. Not able to connect from PC either.
Pls help

2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ronny G Posted at 2016-7-27 03:38
I can´t activate my new MX due to no connection to Android app or PC.  Having tried 4 different dev ...

At this time, Android devices are not compatible with the Ronin MX. You would need to use an iOS device. Regarding the Assistant Software, have you ensured that the DJI WinDriver was installed as well while the unit was turned on and plugged in? What Operating system are you running?
2016-7-26
Use props
ronny45
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-27 04:57
At this time, Android devices are not compatible with the Ronin MX. You would need to use an iOS d ...

Thank you Jamie for the fast response...
What!! Not compatible with android. Why do you have a Ronin app for Android that is not compatible with Ronin?

I´m running windows 10 on all my 5 pc:s so I hope the MX is compatible with that.Have the latest win driver, what port settings should I use?
THX Ronny
2016-7-26
Use props
ilariavecchio03
lvl.1

Italy

Thank jamie, i'm looking for brand new mac or friend that have one, but i suppose is the older OS X version the problem, i just wondering why the app is showing me almost all the parameters and a sort of input output responding, but no, the technology acquiescents, it's ok i'll buy a new mac instead of MAtrice 600...ahah. Thanks jamie any way ad soon i get news i'll inform you, showing the result... Great China!!!
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ronny45 Posted at 2016-7-27 13:39
Thank you Jamie for the fast response...
What!! Not compatible with android. Why do you have a Roni ...

The Android Ronin Assistant is currently only compatible with the classic Ronin and the Ronin M, it is awaiting a software update in order to make it compatible with the Ronin MX. That update will arrive soon.

Windows 10 would work with the Assistant Software, could you happen to clarify if you referring to the Ronin's port settings or your computers?
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ilariavecchio03 Posted at 2016-7-27 18:52
Thank jamie, i'm looking for brand new mac or friend that have one, but i suppose is the older OS X  ...

I believe you should still be able to update your operating system. A completely new computer may not be necessary. If you do have a friend who either has a newer Mac or just a different computer in general, that would at least confirm whether new hardware is needed.
2016-7-27
Use props
ronny45
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 02:27
The Android Ronin Assistant is currently only compatible with the classic Ronin and the Ronin M, i ...

I mean the PC Com port baud rate and Xon-xoff etc.. because i cant connect. I have already tried to reinstall all drivers with the ronin connected and powered on, and also reinstalled assistant software but it still did not work.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ronny45 Posted at 2016-7-28 02:59
I mean the PC Com port baud rate and Xon-xoff etc.. because i cant connect. I have already tried t ...

I don't believe that the Port designation would be an issue, but there are a few more things I would like for you to check:

Try to use a different USB cable when connecting to the computer. If you are still having issues you may want to reinstall the DJI WinDriver while running the program as an Administrator. After you do so, please restart your computer.
2016-7-28
Use props
ronny45
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-29 01:27
I don't believe that the Port designation would be an issue, but there are a few more things I woul ...

I have tried all that many many times...
Now I can connect with a stone age laptop that i found in the garage with windows xp...
One days job wasted and customers waiting for aerials with our new matrice and ronin....
At least the gimbal is now connected to the old laptop...but now when I try to register i get server error 003... AARRGGHHH!!!   I thought Dji products was user friendly...
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ronny45 Posted at 2016-7-29 02:53
I have tried all that many many times...
Now I can connect with a stone age laptop that i found i ...

It is a user friendly system, it's just unfortunate that we unfortunately cannot fully account for the constant changes in operating systems. Windows 10 can require additional tasks in order for it to work, but it's not everytime.

If you want to get the Ronin MX to work on your more powerful computer, you can run the DJI WinDriver in compatibility mode to Windows XP. Ensure that you "test" the program prior to clicking "next". Doing so would make the driver work on Windows 10 and in turn allow for the Ronin to connect.

Server error 003 refers to the software being blocked by either your internet or firewall settings on that laptop. You should get a pop up from Windows indicating it was blocked, and you should be able to click on "more info" to allow this program to run anyway.
2016-7-28
Use props
ronny45
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-29 05:50
It is a user friendly system, it's just unfortunate that we unfortunately cannot fully account for ...

Finally got it connected to another windows 10 computer registered autotuned and working..
Worked flawlessly with another (stationary) computer than the two I tried earlier.
Can not bring that computer to field but otherwise ok.
Big thank you to Jamie for your support!
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ronny45 Posted at 2016-7-29 15:06
Finally got it connected to another windows 10 computer registered autotuned and working..
Worked f ...

I'm glad to hear that you finally got up and running. If you can get access to an iOS device temporarily, then you can be able to make adjustments on the field. The Android update will be arriving shortly.
2016-7-29
Use props
sujisk
New

India

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-26 03:26
Based on the information provided, you should update your operating system to version 10.9 or higher ...

Hi,
My OS is 10.11.6 and the Ronin MX is not detecting on my macbook pro, and i am having a android phone it shows as Roninocta and ask for 6 charachter password, which i don't know from where to get the code. Any assistance would be great.
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

sujisk Posted at 2016-10-7 23:58
Hi,
My OS is 10.11.6 and the Ronin MX is not detecting on my macbook pro, and i am having a androi ...

Is this a brand new unit or did you get this one second hand?
2016-10-7
Use props
fans3a724162
lvl.1

Italy

hi jamie or all other assistant,
i have this situation:
ronin mx   (still to be activated)
imac 27'' OSX el capitan 10.11.6
dji assistant 2.4 v
full charged battery

when i get the info to activate the ronin linked to the imac by usb in the sub window of the info the activate button dosen't work, the button isn't active, even if i can see all the other info in the basic sub window
in the past i didn't have the right computer but now yes and i have the same problem....

please help me. thanks.
my mail is ilariavecchio03@gmail.com  or  renzoangelillo77@gmail.com
2017-4-16
Use props
fans3a724162
lvl.1

Italy

Ho DJI
I have to activate my ronin mx but the gimbal v2.4 dosen't show me the activate button ready to push even if i have a New iMac OS X 10.11.   Please help me soon i need it to work as soon ad possibile.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules