Low Light
737 3 2016-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sgriffi81
lvl.1
United States

What does everyone do for low light vid recording?  I was practice flying in my backyard around dusk yesterday (but I always record) and when I watched this morning it was a little difficutlt to see.  Obviously with full sunlight everything looks better but are there adjustments I can make when I know it will be dark?

2016-7-23
Use props
sgriffi81
lvl.1
United States

Nothing on this?  Would have thought someone caught a sunset...
2016-7-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sgriffi81 Posted at 2016-7-29 07:29
Nothing on this?  Would have thought someone caught a sunset...

The camera in the Phantom is not a low light camera, it will show significant noise if you try to shoot in low light. If the camera was in full auto-exposure mode, then what you saw was as good as it gets.
2016-7-28
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

It's difficult to shoot good footage with low light. If you have a sunset on the background, it's okay, otherwise it will get very dark. As you can see in my video below, in the second part (starts at 1:51) I turned up the ISO so the image on my iPhone while flying looked lighter. Unfortunately when you watch again on bigger screen, the quality of the footage is instantly worse (still left the shots in because the kid was doing a great job behind the boat). I don't think there's any solution to this.

2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules