Cinelight - how to avoid computer restart?
1308 5 2016-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

One of my favorite features of Cinelight is....

Oh, never mind. I can't really think of one.

I'm trying to do some quick turn-arounds on a shoot and currently I need to re-boot my computer for a new SSD drive to show up when I put it in the reader.

This is such awful programming on the part of DJI.

But until it is fixed, have folks figured out a way to get the drive to mount without the restart? On a Mac, USB3, 10.11.5.

Right now I have a file transfer running that I really don't want to interrupt, so I essentially cannot load the SSD to work on video.
thanks,

2016-7-23
Use props
Aerofilms
lvl.2
France

Hi,

Cinelight is a pity !

Unusable at all, absolutely not ergonomic and a lot of bugs on MAC. We bought an Inspire X5R to shoot in RAW and impossible to see DNG files on the SSD disk. DJI doesn't want us to see the files on the disk to oblige us to use their awfull application and i'm very angry at them !!

Please DJI, stop to think you are Apple and let your users chose how they want to work, you are not competent for that !

With X5R, workflow is totally unusable !!!!!

How must we do during shooting to back up SSD ???? We have to convert everything with Cinelight on a laptop to be able to secure our files ????

You think we have time for this ? Have you ever work on a real shooting and a real workflow, further than making promotionnal vidéos ?

It is unacceptable to have such limitation and i would like to know who you ask feedbacks, because they don't do their job and your solution is vera bad.

Please, give power to your users, they will be thankful.

Regards,
2016-9-17
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

As far as I can see there's no fix currently on OSX, they are aware of the problem and I'm sure it will get fixed at some point. Just a bit of pain until they do.

However, if you use Cineilght just to take the DNG stacks off the SSD then it works fine, once connected. If you are using Cinelight to do any sort of correction to your footage you are adding waaaaaay too much render time to your workflow. The X5R is a brilliant little camera for the size and weight and GO app integration. Once you've taken the DNG stacks off the SSD, which for a full card doesn't take much longer than 40 minutes, use either Resolve or Premier Pro to convert your footage to ProRes. Then you can edit to your hearts content.

@AeroFilms, if you think the X5R is unusable you obviously didn't know what it entails to process DNG RAW footage. Work out a workflow and the results are stunning, if you know what you are doing.
2016-9-18
Use props
Aerofilms
lvl.2
France

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2016-9-18 20:32
As far as I can see there's no fix currently on OSX, they are aware of the problem and I'm sure it w ...

@iSkyUnmannedSys of course we know what is a RAW workflow, we bought inspire only to work with DNG files and we do that on the ground with RED (or RED like cam).

The problem is that we can't dump SSD files and we have to use this awfull soft Cinelight which is a joke to extract them. Then, we use DaVinci Resolve or other dedicated professionnal soft, but before we have big pain before with Cinelight (and we don't try to do anything else than export with it).
2016-9-19
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

Aerofilms Posted at 2016-9-20 01:20
@iSkyUnmannedSys of course we know what is a RAW workflow, we bought inspire only to work with DNG  ...

I don't see it as a big issue to dump the files using Cinelight. Takes 40 minutes and that's it, done.
2016-9-19
Use props
Aerofilms
lvl.2
France

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2016-9-19 22:14
I don't see it as a big issue to dump the files using Cinelight. Takes 40 minutes and that's it, d ...

Yes, 40 minutes, when it works because without reboot it doesn't recognize the mounted SSD, and you can't use professionnal dumping software. So when you record few hours a day of RAW files, it is too long, not functional, buggy, etc, etc.

RAW files are for professionnal, not hobbie, so we should be able to choose our workflow and not to be forced to use this horrible buggy software.

So please DJI, stop to want to impose everything and give back power to your customers !!
2016-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules