Flir vue pro or similar thermal with dji drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Has anyone used any of the flir vue thermal imaging cameras with the matrice 600 or similar. I don't want to buy the dji XT and have my equipment tied to one manufacturer. I want flexibility. If you have used a 3rd party thermal camera, what gimbal did you use and did it integrate seamlessly with dji drone.

Cheers

Ian
2016-7-23
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or experience?
2016-7-26
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could hard mount the Vue onto the M600, and then pipe the analog video output into the lightbridge's AV port for video feed like the XT. You will however need to start and stop manually/and all changes will need to be done through the Vue bluetooth app before taking off.
With this setup, you could expect more than a half hour of flight.

2016-8-10
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I use a German thermal camera with an onboard recorder that has live hdmi out, the lb2 on the M600 has a hdmi in giving direct feed to the go app as well as the x5 camera. as stated by "Quadrocopter" its hard mounted and the radiometric data is analysed on the ground via its own software. works well for me.

r
2016-8-21
Use props
valman
New

United Kingdom

ricci2 Posted at 2016-8-21 22:35
Hi,
I use a German thermal camera with an onboard recorder that has live hdmi out, the lb2 on the M600 has a hdmi in giving direct feed to the go app as well as the x5 camera. as stated by "Quadrocopter" its hard mounted and the radiometric data is analysed on the ground via its own software. works well for me.

Can I ask you which German thermal camera are you using?
2016-12-13
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quadrocopter Posted at 2016-8-10 15:33
You could hard mount the Vue onto the M600, and then pipe the analog video output into the lightbridge's AV port for video feed like the XT. You will however need to start and stop manually/and all changes will need to be done through the Vue bluetooth app before taking off.
With this setup, you could expect more than a half hour of flight.

I have been thinking about thermal options other than the XT cameras. The cost is out of reach and the fact you can only use the XT on DJI birds by way of the gimbal is limiting flexability. So what you are saying is the VUE video can be routed via HDMI input into the LB2 and displayed on the GO app while still being able to view the X5 video. If this is correct, how does the video display on the go App? Do you switch back and forth or is there another window on the screen that you can choose? Thanks for any help.
2016-12-14
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Vue Pro, which is what we use, has bluetooth and PWM inputs to change various settings along with it's app and in flight.

My setup is a little unique, in that we are using a Ronin MX gimbal, and mounting the Vue Pro next to our other camera. Flir makes a HDMI converter for the Vue's, but we don't use it. Instead we input the analog video into the LB's Analog port, much like you'd do with a gopro or FPV camera. One could get a PWM video switcher, and toggle between a gopro and the Vue if they so desired.

We control our Ronin gimbal with a Futaba 14SG so that we can use the R7008SB reciever and use PWM outputs to control our main camera's zoom and shutter, as well as change through the different pallets on the Vue Pro; while also controlling the gimbal.

We don't have full 360 degree motion with our Ronin, and have locked it in at more like 270 so that our wires leading the the M600 don't get twisted when we aim the gimbal left or right.

You can have either the HDMI or Analog video on your app at a time, not both. To have both, you need to utilize the Picture in Picture feature by plugging in an external monitor to your M600 controller.
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules