No video feed
747 5 2016-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

I bought a new battery and recieved it yesterday. I charged it up and put it in my P4 to make sure the battery firmware was up to date. I turned the P4 on and it flashed the lights for about 2 minutes and the gimbal light turned green. I turned it off and connected my mini 4 to the controller, turned on the P4, then the controller and then brought up the DJI Go app. As soon as I opened the app, it said inconsistant firmware and asked if I wanted to update. I selected yes and after about 3 or 4 minutes it said update was successful. Tapped on the camera icon and I checked everything out.  Everything was fine but I had a black and white still picture on my screen and no video. I took it outside and started everything again. Same thing. Fired it up and flew about 30 feet away. I can control the gimbal but nothing but the B/W thing on my screen. No error messages. Any ideas?

2016-7-23
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Might wanna try re installing the app... just a thought, sometimes it works tho
2016-7-23
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

Panic for nothing I hope. Refreshed the firmware using Assistant 2 and deleted and reloaded the Go app. I've got video to my ipad mini now. I have to go over the settings and reset those. Too hot to fly now will try this evening when it's cooler and see how it flies.
2016-7-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello PartsGuy, if the issue still exists, feel free to post it here with some screenshots and video clips.
2016-7-24
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-25 01:19
Hello PartsGuy, if the issue still exists, feel free to post it here with some screenshots and video ...

Thanks for checking Paladin. I flew this morning and all seemed fine. Went out about 400 feet and up about a 100 feet. Good reception to the ipad with no signal dropping.
On edit: Just a quick question about obstacle avoidance. I also checked it this morning. I flew it at a brick wall slowly about 6 feet agl. At 7 feet it started beeping and at 6 feet it hovered. Does it compensate for the approaching speed and compute the distance from the obstacle to bring it to hover at a safe distance? At full speed for instance, it might take more than 6 feet to get stopped and hover.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

PartsGuy Posted at 2016-7-25 20:45
Thanks for checking Paladin. I flew this morning and all seemed fine. Went out about 400 feet and u ...

It depends on its speed.If it is at full speed, it is necessary for leaving enough safe distance for break.See it here: 000.JPG
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules