Anyone using Airmap for Drones?
1031 3 2016-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Based on the reporting requirements we are now faced with, this seems like that fastest and most straightforward method for full compliance. I just downloaded it. I'm curious if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with it.
2016-7-23
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
United States

OK..... So I'm going to guess no one has even heard of Airmap for Drones.

Here's a link.

What this does is not only inform as to current TFR's but allows you to file your flight directly with the local tower or other controlling authority. Meaning... When you click, "Yes I have permission to fly here" you actually do.

I hope they put out an API that allows folks like DJI to incorporate their system into the GO app which really only goes half way with solving the problem of meeting the current regulations.
2016-7-23
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-7-24 09:42
OK..... So I'm going to guess no one has even heard of Airmap for Drones.

Here's a link.

FT1,
   The GEO system implemented by DJI uses airspace data provided by AirMap. If you take a look at the FAQ for GEO, the last FAQ question is:

Is DJI implementing AirMap's system?

No. AirMap is our airspace data provider for information such as airport locations and TFRs. The public site at AirMap.io is for its own demonstration purposes and is not representative of what data is used by GEO or how DJI has implemented that data. DJI may also add to the data provided by AirMap. To see a representation of the locations included in GEO you should consult this map, not AirMap.io.
2016-7-23
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-7-23 20:38
FT1,
   The GEO system implemented by DJI uses airspace data provided by AirMap. If you take a loo ...

terrylewis...

Yes. The reason to use Airmap for Drones is the reporting feature. For whatever reason they don't make that feature obvious in any of their docs but it is a huge addition to the DJI Go app.
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules