2814 9 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.gravit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi please add a new seting in the gui to be capable to set the idde speed lower to be capable to climb down more than 2 meter per second.

it will a great add for everyone.
with a lot of wind specialy in mountain aera it's very hard to go back to ground and anyway this option will increase security.

thxs

2014-9-17
Use props
phantom
New

Spain

The 2m/ps limit is obviously there as a precaution...   coming down faster is very very dangerous!
2014-9-17
Use props
s.gravit
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

you can set this on all the DJI flight controler exept Phantom 2...
the fact and the reason of my request is that when you fly near an mountain with wind , the Phantom is flyning like a glider.... and take some altitude just only with the wind effect.

The only way to go down is to cut the motor in flight and restart them near the ground....

A little more dangerous..........

the 2m/s could be actif on phantom setting mod and the motor iddle value could be set in the naza menu for exemple..... For expert who know what he's doing....
2014-9-17
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Descending straight down may cause "VRS", so always keep a forward motion while turning to spiral down... so the Phantom stays clear of it's own prop (downwind) turbulence:

http://youtu.be/LCret4rv0HE
2014-9-17
Use props
christer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The reason for the descent limit, is the fact that 99,9% of the pilots flying Phantoms really dont know how to fly, are familiar with aerodynamics , and think everything is bulletproof, just cause it has gps, they didnt do this just cause they had a boring day...
Still people dropping out of the sky dont understand why.
THATS the reason.
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the OP was asking for an option to force a faster descent. Which I think is totally available in the assistant software, is it not? I would never mess with this personally, having been the victim of prop wash and vortex ring state. I like the preventative measure taken by DJI to help prevent it. But I think he can get what he wants by modifying the setting in the assistant software. I could be wrong, but I thought I've ready about this?
2014-9-17
Use props
s.gravit
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-18 04:54
I think the OP was asking for an option to force a faster descent. Which I think is totally availabl ...

Has I says this option is not active in the gui of the phantom but avaible on the naza 2 gui who is not compatible...

on the f2 gui even in naza mode there is no possibility.
So you will encour the risk that sometime in the conditions mentionned above , the f2 can't regain the ground or with a lot of time so watch the batery gauge....

it will be appreciated that we can have the option in the naza mode of the fantom 2
2014-9-17
Use props
sibes
New

United States

Perhaps they could add a feature where if you held it in full decent mode it would auto rotate or something like that to prevent the vortex problem.  It would be nice to be able to bring her down faster.
2014-9-18
Use props
reme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fixed pitch props can't auto rotate, for now I find fast descent is best done in ATTI mode, forward flight, and drive the model with yaw around the area.  Basically anything other than vertical descents, unless there is a physical reason, obstructions etc.  I wish that would allow me to set my max descent rate in the assistant (as an advanced setting, with appropriate warning), we can ask!
2014-9-18
Use props
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just as a note, my first several flights were done with the prop guards, as I was new to quads. I watched multiple VRS encounters, falling to the soft grass once, no damage luckily. I am now much more comfortable with the unit and have removed the prop guards. No VRS since. I have even ran a few tests with full vertical descent, and not even a wobble. This is a P2V+, stock. I still ALWAYS descend in a corkscrew pattern, constantly flying in fresh, non-turbulent air, just in case. But I can honestly say the prop guards are a major cause of VRS, IMHO.
2014-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules