879 4 2016-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aircarus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4290489 ft
Netherlands

Hello,
for a mission I have to bring a box to a certain hight underneath my inspire pro. (fitting just within the 4 legs of the landing gear)
I am wondering if this would be safe to fly. There will be no camera attached and the weight is less then 1 kg of the box.
Think I have to disable the vision possitioning system, but then again.. I am not sure if its allright for a safe flight. (just going up)

Perhaps someone has a idea about this.
Thanks in advance.
Toine
2016-7-24
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

My idea would be to not do this. The Inspire was not designed for this "mission". You are obviously doubting the wisdom behind your idea because you are asking for advice.

Good piloting is 10% skill 90% judgement. If the you have any doubt about the mission, use your judgement, and don't fly.

Be safe Dude!
2016-7-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would be very cautious of this , keep in mind the center of gravity is very sensitive,  If you must do this be sure to test in a wide open area and do short test hops to see if this is feasible.

I have seen a clamping device  ( Like big claws ) that can pick up objects ( Like life rings )   Just be cautious with what you are doing .  

good luck

donnie
2016-7-24
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

I dont know why but when people post this I always think they are trying to send drugs etc over a fence lol.
2016-7-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-7-25 11:41
I dont know why but when people post this I always think they are trying to send drugs etc over a fe ...

I thought about this too!  you could easily send drugs over the border, I bet they have some way of detecting this  type of clandestine activity .

The Peruvian marching powder always makes its way over, there is to much money to be made.

donnie

2016-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules