Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
If Inspire Does Not Start Rule Out This Possibility
2024 3 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

... At least if you have been using flight simulator in iOS Pilot App ... Here is a possible cause and solution to a minor problem I had associated with powering on the motors for a flight.  The CSC command resulted in a  flashing green light and then flashing red light.  Tried all the perfunctory pre-flight checks and calibrations, power cycled both the controller and the Inspire several times.

Remembered I had been using the flight simulator function and since I'd had a few other glitches in transitioning between flight simulator mode and actual flight mode, I thought to check it out.  Sure enough, after entering and exiting flight simulator mode, the Inspire returned to working and powered up normally after the CSC command.  Just thought I would put that one out as one possible cause of no response to CSC command to ready for flight.

Guess it was in simulator mode still? Flight simulator mode had been closed and exited properly the night before if my memory is right.  The DJI Pilot app had certainly been closed and restarted since that flight simulator session.  Whether it was an error I made while while closing simulator mode I am unsure.  It is just something to keep in mind.

Dan

Update 26 Jan:  Same thing happened today.  The App indicates it is ready for takeoff, good satellite signal all calibrated and in P mode. No response at all to CSC or alternative takeoff commands. This time upon CSC command there was or I noticed a warning in the upper left of the iOS 0.9.1 screen warning that you cannot take off in simulator mode.  I tried entering and exiting the flight simulator mode and it did not work.  I entered simulator mode again but this time performed a virtual takeoff, landed and used the CSC command to turn off motors.   Exited simulator mode and was able to then fly the Inspire in reality again.   I have no doubt that this is a possible cause of not being able take off. Be aware of it if you are using the iOS app and have been using simulator mode.  Also be aware that the warning to remove props before using sim mode is a smart one.  I did have the motors start while in simulator mode one time.   Note that before trying these actual flights I have properly exited the flight simulator mode and witnessed the countdown to normal mode.  This is not a big issue to me and I am just putting out the notice that it can happen.  It is clear to me that it's happening because of a conflict wtih the flight simulator and it's not hard to imagine what's going on here.   I have performed quite a few flights with the Inspire and have had few if any other real issues to contend with.

Dan
2015-1-25
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

See update of 26 Jan. I have no doubt this is one cause of failure to start motors.

Dan
2015-1-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I flipped to android this Apple thing has only just begun.
Noticed all the disclaimers as well android tablet seems to interface nicely when airplane mode is toggled on the android tablet.
2015-1-26
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-1-27 06:18
I flipped to android this Apple thing has only just begun.
Noticed all the disclaimers as well andro ...

Hi Colonel,

What android device do you use?

Thanks,

Dan
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules